Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Three of our players on TV tonight with Blackburn v Middlesbrough

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Some mad stats at the moment. Blackburn 30% possesion 7 shots, Boro 70% possesion 0 shots.

I'm sure Boro fans said "What me worry?"

236205-57083-alfred-e-neuman.jpg

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
24 touches, not a lot no. But both he and Sporar was decent considering how garbage that Boro midfield was. Khadra had a decent game as well, some nice dribbles and drive with the ball and some truly horrific crosses. Bit better than AC tonight but there's a lot of nights to come. Hopefully they will both do well for the rest of the season.

Mostly this.

Connolly had nothing to work with for most of the match and was clearly frustrated. I thought he took up some good positions but was rarely found by a teammate.

I can see why the Blackburn fans like Khadra. He works hard for the team and is direct. Again though, I thought he lacked the support he would get playing in a more coherent team.
When he sped off down the wing, he had nobody offering a passing option after he ran out of room. His crossing was poor, but he only had one player in the box to aim at.
If Blackburn had pushed more men forward there would have been more chance of him finding a target by accident:)
(He really should look up before crossing though).

van Hecke looked calm and assured albeit with not much to do except block Connolly’s one shot on target.

They are all learning stuff that they wouldn’t necessarily learn in our U23s though.

The gap between the Championship and the Prem looks immense now, based on watching two promotion hopefuls.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
First in Europe and first anywhere that didn't require trained medical staff.

In case you feel shy about using one of the new defibs you just slap a pad on top of the chest and the other on the side of the chest and then turn it on. It does everything else on it's own. In a situation where someone is dying in front of you, you should never be afraid to use the device.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Great movement by Connolly there. Followed by a shit shot. I'm sure I've seen that somewhere before....

Sometimes the shot has to be from a surprise location in a part of the attack that the gk and defenders aren't expecting it. example: Maupay's 95th minute goal against Palace.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mostly this.

Connolly had nothing to work with for most of the match and was clearly frustrated. I thought he took up some good positions but was rarely found by a teammate.

I can see why the Blackburn fans like Khadra. He works hard for the team and is direct. Again though, I thought he lacked the support he would get playing in a more coherent team.
When he sped off down the wing, he had nobody offering a passing option after he ran out of room. His crossing was poor, but he only had one player in the box to aim at.
If Blackburn had pushed more men forward there would have been more chance of him finding a target by accident:)
(He really should look up before crossing though).

van Hecke looked calm and assured albeit with not much to do except block Connolly’s one shot on target.

They are all learning stuff that they wouldn’t necessarily learn in our U23s though.

The gap between the Championship and the Prem looks immense now, based on watching two promotion hopefuls.

Yes, the Middlesbrough midfield was appalling - offered no help to their forwards (or anybody else) - but some Brighton fans would find instant kinship with Middlesbrough supporters in a cosy 'Connolly isn't even League 2' echo chamber. Especially now they (Blackburn) have got a superstar player from Arsenal they want in the team ahead of him!
Blackburn fans very happy with Khadra and Van Hecke - the latter impressed some of the 'Borough fans too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-60125392

A football team doctor has helped save the life of a second fan who fell ill while watching his team this season.

The Championship game between Blackburn Rovers and Middlesbrough at Ewood Park on Monday was stopped for nine minutes after a home supporter required help.

Boro's Dr Tom Prichard, who is also an A&E consultant, and the team's physios raced to help the fan in the Jack Walker stand, near the away dug-out.

In October, Dr Prichard helped to save a fan during a Newcastle United game.

The game at Ewood Park, which Rovers won 1-0, was stopped after Middlesbrough manager Chris Wilder alerted the referee to the emergency.

Fans took to social media to praise Wilder's actions and the speedy response of Dr Prichard and physios Chris Moseley and Adam Reed, who leapt over advertising hoardings in order to get to the fan quickly.

Speaking after the game, Rovers manager Tony Mowbray said what happened "was mentioned in the dressing room and the whole team were asking after him".

"This club is a very caring club about the community and we'll be doing everything we can to support the gentleman and his family and we wish him well."

Thanking the Boro staff in a statement, a Blackburn Rovers spokesman said the fan was in a stable condition in hospital.

He said the away side's team were "first on the scene and able to restart the gentleman's breathing".

He said the Boro staff were then joined by Rovers' medics and "the crowd doctor".

"After regaining consciousness, the supporter was taken by ambulance to hospital, where he is alert and stable," he added.

"Our thoughts remain with him and his family... and we hope that he makes a full and speedy recovery."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here