Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, Dave is on 7 years service and Bushy is on 4.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
did you , or didn't you complete your service in the navy or RAF ?

You seem to be arguing a technicality here. Dave served longer; end of.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No you didn't, dont start stating some mythical length of service to try and deflect attention away from the fact that you couldn't hack it in either the navy, which you bought by our self out of, or the RAF , which you also bought yourself out of , let's make it simple, you were in both the navy, and RAF , did you complete your service in either ?

Where did he serve the country, i wonder.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
January the 3rd and I still haven't met a single Bulgarian........mind you I've only been in Sofia 3 days:moo:

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
No chip. Just pointing out the scare stories this paper has experience in. As you know.

....Unlike the Guardian yes ? they are all for mass immigration obviously as it doesnt effect their cosy professional middle class lives ....whereas the native working class youth /twenties of this country (the highest section of uk unemployment) will have to compete with unskilled labour from Europe ,see also nhs and housing. . You may be on to something here though ...there will be no mass exodus here ...know why ? LABOUR LET EVERY C**T AND HIS NAN IN ALREADY!! The left is so dumb it doesnt realise Tories/Labour dont give a toss about immigration because it keeps wages down ...great for bosses , not so good for workers ...theyre too busy looking to shout "racist" at anybody that questions the E.Uto actually get that!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
....Unlike the Guardian yes ? they are all for mass immigration obviously as it doesnt effect their cosy professional middle class lives ....whereas the native working class youth /twenties of this country (the highest section of uk unemployment) will have to compete with unskilled labour from Europe ,see also nhs and housing. . You may be on to something here though ...there will be no mass exodus here ...know why ? LABOUR LET EVERY C**T AND HIS NAN IN ALREADY!! The left is so dumb it doesnt realise Tories/Labour dont give a toss about immigration because it keeps wages down ...great for bosses , not so good for workers ...theyre too busy looking to shout "racist" at anybody that questions the E.Uto actually get that!

So let's take a balanced view of it from the BBC and UCL. My guess is you think the BBC are lefties too but the left think they're on the right and the CTs hink they're Zionists so for me they're doing a good job. The study carried out by the college and reported by the BBC found that recent immigrants made a beneficial net contribution to the country. The BBC adds for balance that critics have claimed that since 1995 the net effect ha been slightly negative but that date seems to have been plucked out of the air too. It also shows that more EU and non EU immigrants had a degree as a percentage than the percentage of British people as a whole. I presume being working class doesn't actually stop you from working hard at school and studying properly?

You're right about the Guardian and Dave's right about the Mail. The former makes excuses and thrives on political correctness and the latter spews out xenophobic bile. As an example, on New Years Day the Guardian's website lead with the story that more women than men were on the honours list for the first time (like that was the story) and the Mail had some non story about a gypsy mother who wanted a council house (surely good that she's settling down and not dumping rubbish on Wild Park n'est pas?). If Private Eye made them up they'd have bee rejected for being too stereotypical.

Perhaps people should read things like the study instead and then question it critically. Should set them up for a degree and a crack at a middle class professional job no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nice one, youv'e managed to shoehorn muslims into the post again. The thread is about Romanians and Bulgarians coming to a country that YOU do not live in.

It is interesting that you seem to spend an awful lot of time responding to posts from people who you think have no right to an opinion because they don't live in the UK. Perhaps if our opinion is so invalid because of where we live you should ignore us and continue the discussion with people who are living right in the thick of it in places like Sompting.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Actually, I don't often agree with you but this is spot on. I have lived in three other countries. In Australia I didn't have to learn the language and there is no culture (*ducks*) but in Taiwan and Japan I had language and cultural lessons from the first week I arrived and didn't seek to claim a penny of benefit.

This is highly unfair on the Aussies. There are a number of cultural norms that one must adhere to over here. A couple of examples are that:

- The 1980's were wonderful (and lasted til 1997) and must be celebrated at every opportunity
- Sport is the best
- One must never talk to a person of the opposite gender at a Barbie.
- Men must stand around the owner of the Barbie and talk about sport while he burns snags and steaks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is highly unfair on the Aussies. There are a number of cultural norms that one must adhere to over here. A couple of examples are that:

- The 1980's were wonderful (and lasted til 1997) and must be celebrated at every opportunity
- Sport is the best
- One must never talk to a person of the opposite gender at a Barbie.
- Men must stand around the owner of the Barbie and talk about sport while he burns snags and steaks.

:lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It is interesting that you seem to spend an awful lot of time responding to posts from people who you think have no right to an opinion because they don't live in the UK. Perhaps if our opinion is so invalid because of where we live you should ignore us and continue the discussion with people who are living right in the thick of it in places like Sompting.

Well i could say that you spend a lot of time voicing your opinions on things that do not affect you. Maybe you should ignore where YOU are not "living anywhere near the thick of it", or just freely post what you want......like you are in your post here.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I spent 181 days out of the UK in 2013. I agree totally we have to compete in a global market place. This is not about fear in my case. Its concern about very poorly planned immigration and the fact any sensible debate is stamped on by various vested interests at home, the worst being snobs who would have their sport of sneering at those that have reasonable concerns that this has not been managed sensibly at all, taken away from them if the country actually grew up.

The hysteria is on both sides, for every rabid xenophobe there is a stuck up snob who couldnt care less if certain communities bear a brunt as long as they can be seen to be saying and thinking the Right Thing, and is paranoid about not doing so.

Like you say, the debate about how best immigrants can be settled and what can be put in place to improve integration and lessen negative impact on communities usually ends up being a binfest about whether borders should be closed and whether a country is 'full' or not.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
So let's take a balanced view of it from the BBC and UCL. My guess is you think the BBC are lefties too but the left think they're on the right and the CTs hink they're Zionists so for me they're doing a good job. The study carried out by the college and reported by the BBC found that recent immigrants made a beneficial net contribution to the country. The BBC adds for balance that critics have claimed that since 1995 the net effect ha been slightly negative but that date seems to have been plucked out of the air too. It also shows that more EU and non EU immigrants had a degree as a percentage than the percentage of British people as a whole. I presume being working class doesn't actually stop you from working hard at school and studying properly?

You're right about the Guardian and Dave's right about the Mail. The former makes excuses and thrives on political correctness and the latter spews out xenophobic bile. As an example, on New Years Day the Guardian's website lead with the story that more women than men were on the honours list for the first time (like that was the story) and the Mail had some non story about a gypsy mother who wanted a council house (surely good that she's settling down and not dumping rubbish on Wild Park n'est pas?). If Private Eye made them up they'd have bee rejected for being too stereotypical.

Perhaps people should read things like the study instead and then question it critically. Should set them up for a degree and a crack at a middle class professional job no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

I dont like the mail or the guardian ....but i believe this .....because its true.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/d...tion-and-the-eu-bbc-bias-at-its-most-blatant/ " the BBC editorial line seemed to ignore entirely the central, thudding issue at stake: the UK is one of only five EU states (the others being Finland, Germany, Estonia and Ireland) that offer non contributory benefits to the unemployed. In other words, only if you live in one of those countries are you able to claim unemployment benefits without having paid into the system."

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well i could say that you spend a lot of time voicing your opinions on things that do not affect you. Maybe you should ignore where YOU are not "living anywhere near the thick of it", or just freely post what you want......like you are in your post here.

I am not the one who thinks that my opinion is worthless because of where I live. I know that I still have strong links to the UK and Sussex and that I am interested in what goes on there. You are the one that considers my opinion worthless because of Geography but yet spends so much energy and time responding to my posts. I just find it a it odd is all.

Don't get me wrong I love hearing about the immigration problems of Sompting, it fascinates me that Sompting has changed so much in 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here