Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
How is the EU a burden?
How are immigrants putting our public services under strain?
How are they eroding our national identity?

Give coherent answers to these questions, and answers that stand up to scrutiny, and you won't be shouted down.
if you haven't noticed you never will :facepalm:, i'm not going to entertain you :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Mustafa's point is that if you want a capitalist society then the freedom to trade and to work is essential. It's not about whether the UK is full, it's about how the UK's economy is built and what it requires.
yep **** everyone it's all about the money, THE ECONOMY ISN'T GREAT BUT THEY STILL KEEP COMING :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well it's January 3rd and i must say i havent seen any Bulgarians, but in all fairness i've only been in Bulgaria for 3 days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I never said it was the same; indeed I said there are "lots of differences" (one being that EU member states have much greater powers in lots of important areas than do US states). The substantive point I was making was about the feasibility of a viable economic system with free movement of capital and labour in a trading block of the size of the EU/USA, with appropriate governance arrangements in each case ( arrangements which are, importantly, different between the two cases, as you imply).

We got our say about joining Europe in the 1975 referendum (I voted against, by the way, partly because of the concerns you mentioned in your previous post). Maybe you were too young, but all the developments since then, have been through democratic and constitutional changes (according to European treaties which UK citizens and parliament voluntarily signed up to), so I find your concerns slightly disingenuous.

OK, it's the same but different.........personally I think legally, economically linguistically and culturally Europe is light years away from a federalist structure, and that is not to ignore the fact that we (the electorate) have always been told that is not the objective of the EU.

You say that member states have more powers than the states, I am not so sure, EU regulations for example are imposed either directly by the Commission or the Commission with EU Parliament approval. There is no transposition by the democratically elected legislature of the member states, the laws go straight to the statute book.

I was too young to vote in 1975, however EU regulations never existed then. Such developments were however foreseen by predominantly Labour MPs who understood what loss of sovereignty and the effects of the freedom of movement that culminated in the 2006 Immigration Act were to have on the state and working class. It is because they lost the argument to the Tories that we are having these debates now. It is not a puerile left wing right wing issue.

So in hindsight we can see clearly who has been disingenuous, indeed only in 2005 Labour unequivocally promised a referendum to the electorate on the Lisbon Treaty (see page 83 of the attached) which significantly changed the structure of the EU and created the offices of EU President, foreign minister and numerous pan EU regulatory bodies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/13_04_05_labour_manifesto.pdf

In fact disingenuous doesn't even cover it.........

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
you know precisely why soul man posted that link, several people went off on tangents on that thread, yourself included, in fact you're demonstrating your propensity for this sort of thing right here on this thread with these questions , soul man posted the link because it was a thread about MUSLIMS and how a MUSLIM individual couldn't satisfactorily do her job, due to her religious beliefs, NO amount of deflection by you , will convince people it was a thread about M&S staff policy.

Yes, the link with a terrorist attack in Russia did have its place on a thread concerning M&S staff policy.

The clue was in the threads title...I dont have to convince anybody..and you talk about deflection? haha

The assistant did the job perfectly satisfactorily as far as her employers, and HR policy is concerned....
It wasnt the assistnants fault that they were placed in the position...
The statement from M&S is quite clear, but I see all the Islamaphobes are bricking it....again.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Says the short timer..I served longer than you ..as you know.
No you didn't, dont start stating some mythical length of service to try and deflect attention away from the fact that you couldn't hack it in either the navy, which you bought by our self out of, or the RAF , which you also bought yourself out of , let's make it simple, you were in both the navy, and RAF , did you complete your service in either ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No mythical length of service, short-timer.
I 'hacked it' very well thank you...and of course...served longer than you.

....and ive lived in LONDON!!! Just like poor you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No mythical length of service, short-timer.
I 'hacked it' very well thank you...and of course...served longer than you.

How long did you serve?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes, the link with a terrorist attack in Russia did have its place on a thread concerning M&S staff policy.

The clue was in the threads title...I dont have to convince anybody..and you talk about deflection? haha

The assistant did the job perfectly satisfactorily as far as her employers, and HR policy is concerned....
It wasnt the assistnants fault that they were placed in the position...
The statement from M&S is quite clear, but I see all the Islamaphobes are bricking it....again.
you are nsc's very own comical Ali, its pointless arguing with you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
you are nsc's very own comical Ali, its pointless arguing with you.

You dont have to argue with me. Argue with M&S about their staff policy.
All ive argued here is that the assistant hasnt done anything particularly wrong that will bring
down the fabric of society.
Im already looking forward to the next non story for you to be apoplectic about

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No you didn't, dont start stating some mythical length of service to try and deflect attention away from the fact that you couldn't hack it in either the navy, which you bought by our self out of, or the RAF , which you also bought yourself out of , let's make it simple, you were in both the navy, and RAF , did you complete your service in either ?

And how long did you serve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports