Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomson to St Mirren

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Checked bbc sport - we bought him for undisclosed fee and we have let him go on a free - Good bit of business !!!:laugh:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Don't think it would be a free transfer, probably undisclosed. Don't believe the BBC.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Agree but if the club had got money then they would want to tell us about it and they aren't saying much are they?

BBC aren't normally wrong

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Agree but if the club had got money then they would want to tell us about it and they aren't saying much are they?

Not really. Would not think it is a good idea to boast about money we have when we might be in the market for new players in the next few weeks.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Steven Thomson [Falkirk - Brighton] Undisclosed

*Steven Thomson [Brighton - St Mirren] Free

Just stating what has been said on BBC SPORT

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Perhaps there was a sell on clause when we bought him so us not selling him for a fee and instead getting future payments may be in our interests.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not fit to wear the shirt. You want a central midfielder to have some of the following attributes:

- Close the opposition down, win the ball and protect the back four
- Do the simple things well. Take the ball from your back four and use it intelligently. Always show for the ball
- Be creative, play the front two in with through balls into space/feet
- Break forward, make telling runs, score goals

Thomson did NONE of the above well. He was a huge disappointment from day one and if he eventually ends up costing us a single penny he should hang his head in shame.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I still believe the fee is undisclosed rather than purely a free transfer as there are clauses in his new contract with St Mirren that could trigger payments to the Albion such as them winning silverware and thus qualifying for Europe. No money has changed hands so Falkirk get nothing from their sell on clause from when he joined us. A free transfer is when a player leaves a club and there is no longer any potential financial connection.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If he wanted to return North then so be it, but I think it's a shame as I saw glimpses of a good player there. But if he kept seeing the likes of Virgo playing in midfield ahead of you, then you wouldn't be happy would you.

Thanks Thommo and good luck.

rongully

Jun 9, 2008
Sussex and Proud
Not fit to wear the shirt. You want a central midfielder to have some of the following attributes:

- Close the opposition down, win the ball and protect the back four
- Do the simple things well. Take the ball from your back four and use it intelligently. Always show for the ball
- Be creative, play the front two in with through balls into space/feet
- Break forward, make telling runs, score goals

Thomson did NONE of the above well. He was a huge disappointment from day one and if he eventually ends up costing us a single penny he should hang his head in shame.

Fisrts class post !!!! f*** off back to jock land overated and overpaid

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Do you think getting a player for an undisclosed fee and selling for free is good business then ?

And by the way i do support Brighton just don't like certain twats that run the show

We payed a nominal fee for him, and then a year later after he has played 40 odd games for us and failed to impress he has gone back to Scotland on a free. I don't think its that much for a f*** up to be honest. Christ, Wilkins spent double what we paid for Thomson on Dixon and he'll go for free as well.

rongully

Jun 9, 2008
Sussex and Proud
We payed a nominal fee for him, and then a year later after he has played 40 odd games for us and failed to impress he has gone back to Scotland on a free. I don't think its that much for a f*** up to be honest. Christ, Wilkins spent double what we paid for Thomson on Dixon and he'll go for free as well.

But did Dean sign Dixon or was it Dick ???????:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here