Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomson to St Mirren

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tommo wanted to go , so its unlikely we would get a fee as the club would terminate his contract by mutual consent.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'm sure there would be a small fee if anything just to cover our admin costs. Maybe 10-25K? I suppose you can think our wage savings by getting rid of him as a fee of sorts? I'm sure he was one of our higher paid squad players.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
err, bye then. Hopefully we at least got what we paid (which wasn't much), it was obvious he was never comfortable here but even so, he had about three decent games that I can think of, even for an unsettled player that is shit. Promised a lot too, captain of a team in a country's top division. Oh well.

I wonder if the replacement is already lined up too, as Adams said it would have to be to let him go. Wotton?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
err, bye then. Hopefully we at least got what we paid (which wasn't much), it was obvious he was never comfortable here but even so, he had about three decent games that I can think of, even for an unsettled player that is shit. Promised a lot too, captain of a team in a country's top division. Oh well.

I wonder if the replacement is already lined up too, as Adams said it would have to be to let him go. Wotton?

Very good point.....:annoyed::annoyed:;)

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Just found this on BBC sport - looks like it on a free

*Steven Thomson [Brighton - St Mirren] Free

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does his wife not come from down here when he played for Palace and he comes from Glasgow So perhaps she wanted to come south again and he tried it but couldnt settle so has returned to Scotland.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Good. He was rubbish.

Not sure why he is leaving with so many people's good wishes.

He came he purely because he wanted to move back south. We paid a hefty (for us) fee. He then put in about a seasons worth of average at best performances and has now left for nothing because he didn't want to play for us anymore.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do we know for certain that it was ona free as no details have been given, as indeed conflicting figures were given when he signed for us. BHA said 1 fee Falkirk (?) said something different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here