Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
I'm quite consious of the eliteist thing of the 1901 club, but as I am getting older I thought Bollox, just do it. RAISED IN THE NORTH STAND - DIE IN THE 1901 CLUB. But I'll do my best to lower the tone!

good on you....we should all rejoice the club is proving a popular football club to watch.....lets all enjoy it......it may go a little way in making up all those miserable trips to Gillingham:thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
These extra 1901 spaces could mean the season tickets for us plebs are a bit cheaper. Or is that just wishful thinking?

D

Deleted User X18H

1901 Club Members should be applauded not derided. It really it crazy that those who have already made a financial commitment to the club and will continue to do so every month for at least 5 years are getting all this flack. I'd like to live in Dyke Road Avenue but don't go at spit venom at those who do , because I can't afford it.

Some people seem to think the Albion are slipping away from them, that's not the case I am sure people will be pleasantly surprised by season ticket prices.

Imagine if TB had said 'well I could pay for the stadium but I am not going to because every one will get pissed off with the plans to make the £100 million or so,back'

That is essentially what is happening here. Some people never ever look at the bigger picture and all this what about the fans who saved the club is a bit much. One man saved the club Dick Knight and how? By putting his hand in his pocket.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Is that only for the months the football season is running or is it 12 monthly instalments?

Don't you dare go jumping aboard that Corpo Bandwagon, Mr H! :angry:

Us scruffy, pie-munching, Amex Leper Ruffian Sawts (ALR'S) need to stick together (even if we don't get to sit together anymore either). :thumbsup:

If the kids are united, isn't it? Marvelous.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps we are all losing sight of one major factor...........

There are only 4,500 odd STH at Withdean therefore account for some 1,200 doing 1901 say around 50 or so in executive boxes therefore only 3,200 of us to squabble over where we go.

The issue has to be more when will the club advise I suppose, having discussed with mates we think we want the Upper West as do not want to go behind a goal and swear a bit at incompetent decisions etc. Also it would be nice to be about half-way so hopefully we will be OK.

Mind you having moved from North to South then Family to Centre at Withdean I suspect it will be trial and error on what suits us best which is probably the same for everyone else.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
1901 Club Members should be applauded not derided. It really it crazy that those who have already made a financial commitment to the club and will continue to do so every month for at least 5 years are getting all this flack. I'd like to live in Dyke Road Avenue but don't go at spit venom at those who do , because I can't afford it.

Some people seem to think the Albion are slipping away from them, that's not the case I am sure people will be pleasantly surprised by season ticket prices.

Imagine if TB had said 'well I could pay for the stadium but I am not going to because every one will get pissed off with the plans to make the £100 million or so,back'

That is essentially what is happening here. Some people never ever look at the bigger picture and all this what about the fans who saved the club is a bit much. One man saved the club Dick Knight and how? By putting his hand in his pocket.

Shush now, you're only a gold "member". Know your place!

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Perhaps we are all losing sight of one major factor...........

There are only 4,500 odd STH at Withdean therefore account for some 1,200 doing 1901 say around 50 or so in executive boxes therefore only 3,200 of us to squabble over where we go.

The issue has to be more when will the club advise I suppose, having discussed with mates we think we want the Upper West as do not want to go behind a goal and swear a bit at incompetent decisions etc. Also it would be nice to be about half-way so hopefully we will be OK.

Mind you having moved from North to South then Family to Centre at Withdean I suspect it will be trial and error on what suits us best which is probably the same for everyone else.

Good post which points out that after the Withdean STH have been sorted there will be over 10 000.......TEN THOUSAND season tickets available. I have no doubt these will sell but but it will not be hard to obtain one before the ground opens.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Yay - Tory Boy puts his two-penneth-worth in! Maybe your learned observations will inspire your next scintilating blog, you know, just to put the revolting prol's straight on matters?

Can't wait.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Isn't the 1901 club only 2000 seats? With now anther 500? (I think) isn't that only approx 10% of the stadium?

Excellent post, over looked by all. This all turning into a BINTFEST really, I'm sure in a years time this will hardly be the deal it's being made out on here.

D

Deleted User X18H

Shush now, you're only a gold "member". Know your place!

Spoke with Richard from the 1901 Club (on Monday) who have registered offices near me in Millers Road apparently and up graded if that's all right with you.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If I were able to go to every game I would have been first in the queue for a 1901 seat and why not? I'm old enough not to be able (let alone to want) to stand on the terraces anymore, no matter how nostalgic I may be for the Goldstone's North Stand and West Stand Terraces of my youth. I drink coffee not beer of necessity, enjoy grounds which have enough toilet facilities that I can get to them before disaster strikes (possessors of an ageing prostate will be able to identify with me here) and prefer to sit on a padded seat rather than a cold plastic one.

I haven't really discerned any hatred - more the fairly atypical disrespect of kids for older generations. Nothing new there.

Sure it's pissing a bit more money up the wall than if I sat in a regular seat but on the occassions I can get to Falmer it will have been after driving a round trip of nearly 400 miles and possibly having to pay for a hotel as well if my wife comes too. So the option of a comfy seat for a few extra bob would have been both welcome and relatively inconsequential. As it is, when I can make it I will slum it in the North Stand with the whingers (and bring my own cushion). I hold out great hopes for the toilet facilities being a match for the 1901 ones though...............

D

Deleted User X18H

you know, just to put the revolting prol's straight on matters?

Can't wait.

Progressive Run Off Ltd? Yeah I know them based in Gloucester right? Used to have the old Independent Insurance account?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Also, sorry, but the people the club relies on are the ones who kept it going through the wilderness years, not the people who have a bit of cash to burn and will f*** off if we get relegated back down a league or two.

Good post.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and prefer to sit on a padded seat rather than a cold plastic one.

So the option of a comfy seat for a few extra bob would have been both welcome and relatively inconsequential. As it is, when I can make it I will slum it in the North Stand with the whingers (and bring my own cushion).

All the seats will be padded, not just the 1901 seats.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Excellent post, over looked by all. This all turning into a BINTFEST really, I'm sure in a years time this will hardly be the deal it's being made out on here.

This.

2,500 seats out of a capacity of 22,500.

and the money generated by the 1901 club will effectively bankroll this club for the next 5 years.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I do not have a problem with the 1901, I think managing to pre-sell 10% of the stadium is a major achievement. I would imagine a large number are genuine fans that already go to Withdean.
But given that there are now over 2000 members, giving them priority for away games over non 1901 ST's doesn't seem right to me. Paying the 1901 premium gets you the good seat, the parking space and the dedicated catering facilities, that in my opinion is enough.

Beautifully put there, Mr Hot. :clap:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So still no one has correspondence that says 1901 members have priority over what or who to away games? Just priority. So I'm reality they could just have the same priority as season ticket holders??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here