Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Test England v South Africa, The Oval, July 27-31

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am looking at a 1 day batting display getting another 200 + runs making the target required between 450 and 500 and by saying a 1 day batting display to allow the time to bowl them out. We havent got the time to build a similar target . The quicker we can score the runs the better it will be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am looking at a 1 day batting display getting another 200 + runs making the target required between 450 and 500 and by saying a 1 day batting display to allow the time to bowl them out. We havent got the time to build a similar target .

You want us to get 250 runs by lunchtime ? In a test ?? \without risking being bowled out for less than 100 and handing them a chance ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was taking into account another hour or so this evening and ignoring the fact that today had been rained off and closed.

Don't think you were, because you posted that AFTER you posted this :

'Against all my principals I would go for 1 day batting until lunch time tomorrow (4th day) and then go for the win as we should have a sufficient lead to not lose.

Thats it for today no more play.'

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Depending on weather conditions, bat until tea tomorrow and declare and have a session and a day to try and get the win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I fully understand that you are taking the p..s
Moi!
Against all my principals I would go for 1 day batting until lunch time tomorrow (4th day) and then go for the win as we should have a sufficient lead to not lose.
You can't have it both ways BG. You can't have a team of Athertons who can block for 2 days straight, whilst also being able to blast like Buttler.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't think you were, because you posted that AFTER you posted this :

'Against all my principals I would go for 1 day batting until lunch time tomorrow (4th day) and then go for the win as we should have a sufficient lead to not lose.

Thats it for today no more play.'
Bang to rights.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you thought 250 before lunch, against a test attack and no fielding restrictions, was doable ?
No, but I wasn't arguing with BG about it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hopefully England will be able to bat for at least 2 sessions on Sunday and get the lead to around 500. Then they can keep fielders sround the bat to secure a win

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:thumbsup: Sadly not me though, it was the others who were questioning the timing of a lunch declaration.

It was you who said bang to rights so it was you and Dazzer I was referring to.:thumbsup:

I must have had too many G & T yesterday as I installed a streaming site to watch the game Indian Express and cannot now delete it as it doesnt show on programs in control panel but it keeps flashing up on the screen, rather annoying but my own fault for installing it when 'confused'.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm surely not the only one who thinks the white jumpers England wear with the cream shirts look ridiculous?

Wish you hadn't mentioned that. Ruined my morning. Ridiculous look. At least Jennings is sticking to cream only. The South Africans look much crisper in their whites.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Huge day today, we'll definitely have the Saffers in batting by then end of the day. Hopefully we can score at a decent rate without going silly. I've been up there the last couple of days so the head is a bit sore but saw some great cricket.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was you who said bang to rights so it was you and Dazzer I was referring to.:thumbsup:

I must have had too many G & T yesterday
Not sure it's possible to have too many G&Ts.

We're in danger of a one off full on love in here BG: while Dazzer found that your post said you'd go for it until lunch time, and then your post also said 'that's it for today no more play', I've noticed that you edited your post 15 minutes after making it - maybe you did think we'd have another hour when you made the post, before realising the whole day was going to be rained off :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here