Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you did as kids that they don't do now!

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Wall ball, street marbles, pavement skids on your bike, emptying out the train ticket boxes on platforms of the cardboard tickets in the 70's, water fights, swimming in the sea, toilet roll out of train windows, sitting in the first class compartment of trains (booths of 6 seat type),garden hopping, fish wire in the arcade to ramp up fruit machine credits, gas lighter to get 100 credits on arcade games, knock down ginger, door to door carol singing, fireworks in the old type concrete bus shelters, standing next to fields when they used to burn them post harvest, climbing on school roofs after dark to get tennis balls, going to youth clubs.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Wall-ball
Kerb-ball
44 saves all
Hanging around with tramps/winos
Door to door car washing
Nicking car badges

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Smuggling bangers back from a school day trip to Dieppe. Letting one or two off in the old gents at Brighton station on the way back, purely for the great accoustics that the gents gave at the time, running down Trafalgar Street away from the scene of the crime and seeing many people come out of the Prince Albert to see what the feck was going on.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Smuggling bangers back from a school day trip to Dieppe. Letting one or two off in the old gents at Brighton station on the way back, purely for the great accoustics that the gents gave at the time, running down Trafalgar Street away from the scene of the crime and seeing many people come out of the Prince Albert to see what the feck was going on.

When fishing on the Pier in the seventies we would put bangers in the mouths of HORSE MACKEREL:eek:
God has punished me many times since I might add:moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Penny for the Guy just before November 5th, we got a mate to dress up as a Guy and we put an old gas mask on him, we all went to London Road station, it was all going well and we made a few quid , until some bloke said "that's not a Guy it's someone dressed up"
we said it wasn't and the bloke kicked our mate/guy.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Shooting elastic bands from wood and peg guns at green plastic soldiers on the front doorstep.
Putting nailgun "bullets" on the train line near Preston park station and hearing the gunshots as they were run over.
Playing kick the can.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I dont think you will see any groups of 8-11 year olds, I am not sure of the current 'cut off age' that allows you to actually go out unsupervised, but this to me seems the reason that the aforementioned 'larks' no longer happen.

I am guessing that 11 or 12 years old might be the current age at which you might be allowed by parents to go out on your own, no doubt wired up with the latest technology to alert their parents of their impending abduction, drowning, stabbing and shooting.

After all what self respecting 14 year old would turn their parker coat inside out and above their heads and walk into a force 9 gale with their mates, it all happened when we were 8 years old :(

I see plenty of 8 year olds out and about with groups their own age. You lot seem to think that all kids do is sit in on the computer. It's just not true. Stop being grumpy old men.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Seeing who could tear off the largest strip of peeling, sunburnt skin... without making themselves bleed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Going in to Brighton town centre on late night shopping day before Christmas and covering everything and everyone in party poppers and shaving foam

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Using washers from a hardware store as 6ds to get endless games of table football at college, then finding that they also got accepted by old Underground ticket machines...

(For the yoof, 6d equalled 2.5p and could buy you a Mars bar about twice the size of the standard one today.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here