Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you did as kids that they don't do now!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
As a kid: Collect number plates in an excercise book.......did anybody else do that? No wonder you can't get kids off Ipads if that is the alternative.

As a teenager:Travel down a hill in a shopping trolley.

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
getting a bus innertube from Lewes rd bus depot and taking it down the beach all day, always walking to the beach and then letting yourself on the parked bus at the old steine before the driver gets on for a free bus ride home.

Getting a bucket, some fairy liquid and a sponge, go knocking doors to wash cars all day (aged 7)

As a kid: Collect number plates in an excercise book.......did anybody else do that? No wonder you can't get kids off Ipads if that is the alternative.

As a teenager:Travel down a hill in a shopping trolley.

..You could set up a spreadsheet on your iPad to collect numerplates?

D

Deleted member 18477

Think a lot of people haven't read the thread title properly: it's about what kids don't do now, not what they don't do now. Kids still play conkers and knock down ginger, have water fights, go to Saturday morning cinema club, go carol singing, play marbles etc.
But buying fags is definitely out, I remember missing the first few minutes of the 66 World Cup buying some Gold Leaf for my old man. And sadly, you can't buy milk out of milk machines any more

I seriously do not see kids out as much these days doing the things we used to. That includes playing conkers in the road, having water fights in the road, running up and down a road pretending they're in the Olympics, playing keepie upies in the road in a circle, riding around on their bikes in a group local to that estate riding to other estates to meet up with other groups and then going into the woods to build bike jumps and riding home with blood down their legs.

Higher population and more and more cars on the road and parked on the road where people have got rid of their driveways for extensions or whatever is one of the causes. The other is the horrible stories you read in the paper about kids being stalked or kidnapped and also technology keeping them in doors more. None of which is their fault but it is a shame they don't have the freedom that was the case before.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I blame the parents.......

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Play football, actually go outside & kick a ball around, all day until it was too dark to see who to pass it to.
Buy one "record" a week, if I had enough pocket money.
Breed maggots (for fishing of course).
Hurl sticks into horse-chestnut trees to bring down conkers, because obviously the ones that had fallen down were far to weak for what we had in mind!
All night fishing.
Agree about the lack of sun cream. Never used the stuff.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here