Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things we won't say about race that are true

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Indeed, whites tend to dominate in the water, but I am wondering if there is a link between this or if somehow whites are just better at swimming and blacks are better at running, Mo Farah has been Britian's best runner (long distance)
Black people have heavier bones, so that gives them a disadvantage in water.

Sunnymead

Mar 4, 2015
The 'N' word is a sign of ownership when coming from a white person and brotherhood when coming from a fellow black person.

If you can't see and respect that i would suggest you stick your money where your mouth is and start using the word and see where it gets you...
Ah no didn't think so, just a bit of grandstanding, from someone who is espousing a bigots' argument.

Why don't you stick your money where your mouth is and start calling woody a bigot in person instead of hiding behind your keyboard ?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I think it's because when modern humans were in Africa they had to confront lions ect for food. When they moved into Europe they didn't have this problem so didn't have to be so quick searching for food ect. I may be banned now, hope I not upset anyone.

I don't think it has things to with competing with lions for food,because to be honest, I doubt many humans can out run one

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So is that a case for arguement that evolution has made whites better in water than blacks? (and no I am not being racist)
Not really, their is no reason for humans to be swimming in the sea/rivers, only in modern competition for medals.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Why don't you stick your money where your mouth is and start calling woody a bigot in person instead of hiding behind your keyboard ?

I didn't call him a bigot because that post didn't say anything bigoted. It did however use a victims argument that is often used by bigots.

If we met in person and he said something that i found offensive i'd tell him so, why wouldn't i?

He has put up something that he knows is inflammatory, and he gets some flames, the fact that this account is posting just tells me they hit the mark, i'm sure he's a big boy and will sleep ok tonight...

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Are black people faster over 100 metres than other races generally or is that a racist statement ?

Hmmm, i generally try to judge racism by intent (and i'm not a mind reader, so it is difficult), to me it just seems like an ignorant statement.

You see, you're boxing in ALL black people, wouldn't it be more sensible to say jamaican or west indian?

I mean i don't see too many ethiopians in 100m....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry, but history has absolutely jack sxxt as to whether I, or anybody else alive today, is racist or not. I refuse to be blamed for the actions of OUR forefathers, I also refuse to be judged by liberal wet wipes who want to be seen to be right on and oh so forward thinking.

Equality is here, and equality should be now. It is not based upon what happened 200 years ago, it is not based upon some sense of injustice of someone who wasn't even alive when these events occurred. Live together, get along, respect the past, but do not persecute our joint future for the sake of bitter history.

Firstly, no one is blaming you for anything (or judging you for that matter), where do you get such an idea from?

Secondly, Equality is not here which means that the struggles are still very real for a large number of black people. Look into the stop and search figures for black people living in London compared to their white peers as one example of many.

Anyway the point i was making was in response to someone comparing the use of different words for black and for white people. He struggled to understand why being called a ****** was worse than being called Boss or Whitey. I gave the reason that as with every other kind of language words are given different types of power or interpretations over time (we have a swear filter to filter out 'bad' words is a good example of this). It is not surprising that a word that was used during the slave trade to demonstrate ownership of one person over another based largely on the colour of their skin has powerful connotations that continue to be relevant today.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not really, their is no reason for humans to be swimming in the sea/rivers, only in modern competition for medals.

i presume you are bored and just taking the piss

can you explain about hunter gatherers that have swam into seas and rivers to obtain shellfish?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
(and no I am not being racist)

Yes i think you are, i generally judge racism by intent, and as i've said i'm not a mind reader.

But it seems to me you are pushing differences between colours of skin for an agenda.

I think if you genuinely cared about this as a subject you'd do some quick research rather than put your ignorant opinions up in a public space.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes i think you are, i generally judge racism by intent, and as i've said i'm not a mind reader.

But it seems to me you are pushing differences between colours of skin for an agenda.

I think if you genuinely cared about this as a subject you'd do some quick research rather than put your ignorant opinions up in a public space.

Trying to pin you down on any point is like nailing jelly to a wall. So ive reported your post for libelous comments, see how they like your antics.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Trying to pin you down on any point is like nailing jelly to a wall. So ive reported your post for libelous comments, see how they like your antics.

Dont-Take-Life-Too-Serious-Sometimes.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Black people have heavier bones, so that gives them a disadvantage in water.

Theories for low black American swimming rates

Propagation of incorrect scientific theories such as black people being much less buoyant
Historic factors going as far back as slaves not being allowed to learn to swim
Denial of access to pools in 1920s and 30s causing ripple effect to present day
Lack of municipal pools in predominantly black neighbourhoods in 1960s onwards
Perception of swimming as elitist or white sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11172054

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here