Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Downton Abbey.

Look, it only got high viewing figures in the first place because when it started there was f*ck all on BBC1. The beeb has learned it's lesson (Hustle mark 2 is now on), and presumably Downton is the same dull old dross for a THIRD series.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
people looking to the TV for their source of stimulation.

In the oldern days watching a play (humans pretending to be other people) was occasional, and stimulated only a moderate percentage, nowadays 'tough males' spare time is spent watching people pretending to be other people.

frankly, looking for this as ones main source of stimulation, is a load of old shit.....especially when funded by (mainly toxic) corporate ads.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
King Prawns,

Now don't get me wrong. They taste PHENOMENAL. But what an EFFORT to get to the SMALLEST of gems.

I never understand why anyone would pay top dollar for them and then sit there and GRUMBLE as they hack the thing to pieces and get legs FLAILING across the table.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forced Fun.

The ultimate example is a dance floor with no drinks allowed on it. Terrible. I want to end up on the dancefloor as a SWEATY MESS with beer DOWN BY SHIRT as I fling it in the air during the BAYWATCH THEME TUNE and not quite sure how I got there.

I don't want to have made the concious decision to take a final sip of my beverage, put it on the side (never to be seen again) and then walk to a dance floor with NOTHING in my left hand. Its bloody AWKWARD.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Downton Abbey.

Look, it only got high viewing figures in the first place because when it started there was f*ck all on BBC1. The beeb has learned it's lesson (Hustle mark 2 is now on), and presumably Downton is the same dull old dross for a THIRD series.

It is utter, utter, utter poo. Badly scripted, badly acted, predictable drivel. And now Sybil has snuffed it, there is no totty to ogle at either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It is utter, utter, utter poo. Badly scripted, badly acted, predictable drivel. And now Sybil has snuffed it, there is no totty to ogle at either.

My wife and I gave it up half way through the first episode and, despite having dipped our toes in the water once or twice since, have not lasted long with it - about 10 minutes at a time.

I think the whole thing is based on the false assumption that Julian Fellowes has some talent. I can't remember the name of the film for which he won an Oscar for best screenplay or whatever a couple of years ago (probably longer), but it struck me as having a very feeble story line and weak script, and was only rescued byn the period atmosphere, costumes and so on...... much like Downton Abbey.

PS - The film was Gosford Park

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Downton Abbey.

Worse than Downton (which I admit to being a fan of) are the Tesco sponsor slots that greet each ad break during the programme.

Viz.
[yt]Zfn2muCIatk[/yt]

They make me SICK.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
"Art" by L S Lowry

I just don't get it! Why is it any good?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My wife and I gave it up half way through the first episode and, despite having dipped our toes in the water once or twice since, have not lasted long with it - about 10 minutes at a time.

I think the whole thing is based on the false assumption that Julian Fellowes has some talent. I can't remember the name of the film for which he won an Oscar for best screenplay or whatever a couple of years ago (probably longer), but it struck me as having a very feeble story line and weak script, and was only rescued byn the period atmosphere, costumes and so on...... much like Downton Abbey.

PS - The film was Gosford Park

We do not have much to watch, so have struggled through with it, but even my wife (who was an avid viewer), gave up half way through the last episode. It was so contrived. The only saving grace is Maggie Smith, but I have no idea why she is in it - must be desperate.

When they bought Downton, they must have had to also buy Titanic by Fellows as part of the deal. That really was dire.

Worse than Downton (which I admit to being a fan of) are the Tesco sponsor slots that greet each ad break during the programme.

Viz.
[yt]Zfn2muCIatk[/yt]

They make me SICK.

UK Strictly when shown here is sponsored by.....

always.jpg

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Fair trade items in most instances

This is an interesting one as I like most people want to do the right thing Asda have leather boots really nice for £30 very similar boots in higher end shoe shops £150 the Asda probably made in a sweat shop in Asia the other pair could also be from the asme supplier who can you trust

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here