Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "There were a lot of clubs interested but there was only one horse in the race for me...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am being a little lol's here, if only I was allowed to put a smilie after the sentence.
But even with the best will in the world the Burnley match wasn't a strikers game.

I've forgotten already the stand out game, this season, for a would be striker.
But there was one, more so than the others, where we should have won 47-16, but it probably ended 1-0.

Yeh it wasn't about the strikers but he surely saw how good we were and the potential...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeh it wasn't about the strikers but he surely saw how good we were and the potential...?
If it was on a stream I might be thinking of the Ipswich game where the match report has the Albion with 21 shots.

Now that's the game for a potential young striker to be watching and thinking 'I want to play for those guys'.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Very happy indeed, we were found wanting of a striker and now we have a bloody good striker! I'll be very interested to see what he offers us this season.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If it was on a stream I might be thinking of the Ipswich game where the match report has the Albion with 21 shots.

Now that's the game for a potential young striker to be watching and thinking 'I want to play for those guys'.

Given that Man United have had four 0-0 draws in the last month, I think he'd be quite impressed in a run where we've only failed to score in 2 of 17 league games.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I am being a little lol's here, if only I was allowed to put a smilie after the sentence.
But even with the best will in the world the Burnley match wasn't a strikers game.

I've forgotten already the stand out game, this season, for a would be striker.
But there was one, more so than the others, where we should have won 47-16, but it probably ended 1-0.

Most of our games this season we've created a hat-full of chances that our striker force couldn't put away. MK Dons and Cardiff for quite obvious examples.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most of our games this season we've created a hat-full of chances that our striker force couldn't put away. MK Dons and Cardiff for quite obvious examples.

Yep although I'm going to stick with Ipswich as the stand out match for committed, head down, relentless, under 8's 'just run at their goal', attacking performance that would/should entice most strikers to the club, esp as it was at Portman Road.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hype Hype Hype . . .

Pleeeeease let's all wait until he gets a game or two under his belt before we heap even more pressure on the young lad to perform.

According to some on here he is the man who will score the goals to ensure us promotion.

I so hope they are right, but lets all not get too carried away just yet.

Yeah, he won't have experienced anything like that sort of pressure at Old Trafford.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many seconds did Peter Ward take to score his goal at Hereford?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Baldock has a record of one in three on target. Wilson has 50% shots on target, includes headers as well.

Small hatful against Hull as well, better chances than Derby managed.

Feb 14, 2010
...It's a brilliant club, brilliant facilities, and I think the style of play will suit my game, so that was the basis behind my decision."

Nice one James, I think we're all going to get on just fine.

What? Wish he would shut up up and start talking after he has scored goals (or actually even then shut up and score more goals). We don't pay centre forwards to make a speech, we pay them to score goals, now young man, shut up and get in the box.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I see there is a 28 day recall if Utd want him back, let's hope they don't get any injuries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What? Wish he would shut up up and start talking after he has scored goals (or actually even then shut up and score more goals). We don't pay centre forwards to make a speech, we pay them to score goals, now young man, shut up and get in the box.

You do understand that, in football, players get paid for press conferences?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The only worry I have with him if he comes out all guns blazing is what LVH said...

“In the short-term, maybe, it’s not so good for Manchester United but in the long-term it is better. It is part of the development of a player. We believe in him and when we need him we can call him back.”
Wilson has been signed by Albion on a youth loan as he is under 20, so United have the right of recall after 28 days.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Hopefully Man U will sign one or two strikers on the 1st Jan which will mean Wilson becomes 4 or 5th choice striking option again. Got a horrible feeling we may only end up having him for 28 days. However that will see us through till transfer window and the arrival of a South American replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here