Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

there was no moon landing .... discus

2) Why would they, when they can continue holding the ace card up their sleeve. Plus they're planning some faked missions of their own I think.

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me. My understanding is that the Soviet missions to get man to the moon unravelled before the Apollo missions got there - if the Soviets couldn't get there there's no reason they'd hold back from telling everyone and his dog if the Americans were faking the whole thing immediately. That would save them a lot more face than simply holding on to the fact for future use.

What exactly do you believe about the space programmes? Have unmanned vehicles made it to the moon? Has anyone made it since the first 'faked' landing?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A nice little earner for NASA & the Military Industrial Complex, helped to fund the Vietnam war.
Well I'm not sure how it 'earnt' money, with the exception of Teflon there wasn't even any commercial spin-offs as the technology involved was all old hat. Plus they didn't even sell the TV rights! Also don't forget the US military were opposed to the whole civilian Apollo project in the first place; they thought it was a just massively expensive vanity project designed to massage Kennedy's ego as he'd promised to 'put a man on the moon and return him safely to earth' and wanted to be seen to be making good on his promise. They'd rather the money had been spent on more sophisticated cold war weaponry.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1) From the taxpayer, the American public happy to fund such a feel good project.

2) Why would they, when they can continue holding the ace card up their sleeve. Plus they're planning some faked missions of their own I think.
If that's true surely it would have made more sense to make the first few missions fail? That way they could have demanded even more money to get it right. As it was the American public were bored with it, by the time of the third landing people were ringing the TV stations to complain that a repeat of "I Love Lucy" had been cancelled in order to show another 'boring' moon landing.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It would be impossible for the lunar mission to have even broken free of the earth's atmosphere given that our planet is FLAT.

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Well I'm not sure how it 'earnt' money, with the exception of Teflon there wasn't even any commercial spin-offs as the technology involved was all old hat. Plus they didn't even sell the TV rights! Also don't forget the US military were opposed to the whole civilian Apollo project in the first place; they thought it was a just massively expensive vanity project designed to massage Kennedy's ego as he'd promised to 'put a man on the moon and return him safely to earth' and wanted to be seen to be making good on his promise. They'd rather the money had been spent on more sophisticated cold war weaponry.

The billions that were supposedly spent sending men to the moon a half dozen times, must have been spent somewhere.
The available funds no longer available when the charade had run it's course.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me. My understanding is that the Soviet missions to get man to the moon unravelled before the Apollo missions got there - if the Soviets couldn't get there there's no reason they'd hold back from telling everyone and his dog if the Americans were faking the whole thing immediately. That would save them a lot more face than simply holding on to the fact for future use.

What exactly do you believe about the space programmes? Have unmanned vehicles made it to the moon? Has anyone made it since the first 'faked' landing?

The Soviets didn't get there simply because it's not possible. The whole Cold War/ Space race issue has been heavily overstated.

Man never has & never will make it to the moon.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Talking of space,I liked Professor Cox's eloquent and FINAL dismissal of alien Sightings this week. The moon landing and alien sighting people must be fewer in number than the flat earthers.

I really like Brian Cox, when he talks about science, that is. His recent programmes where he lectures about quantum physics were amazing. Great aptitude in explaining complex matters to layman.

It's when he drifts into other subjects he knows nothing about and dismisses them with a "there,there, silly boy" approach that he let's himself down.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I get the how we landed on the moon. What I dont get is how they got from the moon back to the shuttle!!!

The Soviets didn't get there simply because it's not possible. The whole Cold War/ Space race issue has been heavily overstated.

Which part is not possible? Getting a craft out of the atmosphere? Getting humans out of the atmosphere? Getting a craft to land on the moon? Getting a human out of his craft on the moon and on to the surface?

You still haven't really explained why the Soviets wouldn't reveal it was a big hoax - even more so if it was a physical impossibility.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Which part is not possible? Getting a craft out of the atmosphere? Getting humans out of the atmosphere? Getting a craft to land on the moon? Getting a human out of his craft on the moon and on to the surface?

You still haven't really explained why the Soviets wouldn't reveal it was a big hoax - even more so if it was a physical impossibility.
It's physically impossible for a Human Being to survive more then 500 miles outside of the Earth's atmosphere.

As for the Soviet not spilling the beans stuff, they've been beholden to the US for decades. Cheap grain, financial bail outs etc.
Getting a bit late down here, hopefully tomorrow I can explain it better.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

whats not possible about it? its actually pretty simple, aim and shoot. its the returning part thats tricky.

if you try invoking the Van Allen belt, the dose of radiation would have been about the same as the permitted limit for a nuclear plant worker.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The billions that were supposedly spent sending men to the moon a half dozen times, must have been spent somewhere.
The available funds no longer available when the charade had run it's course.
Yes, probably on all the devices that were used to fake the missions and on the bribes to people to stay silent. None of that could have come cheap.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you chucked a discus really hard on the moon, would it fly all the way round and hit you on the back of the head??

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the moon's a sideshow really

the big question is,where does space end ???

buzz lightyear knows,but he ain't telling

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Myth busters did a special on moon theories a few Weeks ago on discovery. it pretty much debunks all the conspiracy theories. Man landed on the moon, I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Vega

Jul 23, 2011
Brighton
Not this boring old chestnut again. It would have been more of an achievement to fake it than do it. Look for other important questions in life more important

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here