[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They have already done so, with Maupay, and previously (allowing for slight inflation) with Locadia :shrug:

Not that I'm suggesting for a second that we don't desperately need another one now - just disputing the suggestion they've never paid those figures.
Of course.

The point I was badly making is there always seems little sense of need over financial principles.

At this point I struggle because I want to have my cake and eat it.

As said on the one hand I never expect Mr Bloom to play fast and loose with his money.
(I doubt he even has the capacity to do so).

But by the same token I don't want that rigidity to keep standing in the way of forward (in every sense of the word) progress.

Much like Bozza I firmly believe a striker will be signed.
I believe that striker was agreed upon (in Sussex at least) a comparatively long time ago.

My questions surrounding this eventual signing are:-

How much did he cost?
How much would it have cost to have him arrive 01.01.20?

The way the club tells us it operates would suggest it would rather buy the player at the right price than at the right time.

This transfer in particular, even without hindsight, smacks of one that needed to be done and dusted irrespective of the financial hit incurred.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course.

The point I was badly making is there always seems little sense of need over financial principles.

At this point I struggle because I want to have my cake and eat it.

As said on the one hand I never expect Mr Bloom to play fast and loose with his money.
(I doubt he even has the capacity to do so).

But by the same token I don't want that rigidity to keep standing in the way of forward (in every sense of the word) progress.

Much like Bozza I firmly believe a striker will be signed.
I believe that striker was agreed upon (in Sussex at least) a comparatively long time ago.

My questions surrounding this eventual signing are:-

How much did he cost?
How much would it have cost to have him arrive 01.01.20?

The way the club tells us it operates would suggest it would rather buy the player at the right price than at the right time.

This transfer in particular, even without hindsight, smacks of one that needed to be done and dusted irrespective of the financial hit incurred.

Have you and lunch with Paul, Dan and Tony or something?

Where does this belief come from? Or is it just hope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you and lunch with Paul, Dan and Tony or something?

Where does this belief come from? Or is it just hope?

It's made up balderdash and piffle, as usual.

But we've had enough missives from the club to suggest it isn't too far from the mark.

I doubt anybody at palace ever pops up to say:-

'this window we're going to be super cautious with money'

In much the same way Mssrs Bloom and Barber has never been seen like this:-

200.gif

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no way we will not buy a striker before the window SLAMS shut.
Dev Squad ?

Actually, in all seriousness, it is unthinkable really that we won't sign a striker for the men's first team squad.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I am absolutely convinced we won't.

We’ll probably sign someone for the Women’s team, and NSC will literally combust at the club’s “NEW STRIKER SIGNS!!l” email.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
To be absolutely fair, last January we did sign Mac Allister which may yet pay dividends this season...

McAllister paying dividends would be good - plus reduce the total value (very high) of players we currently have out on loan ( and that is before Glen Murray potentially going).

I made it £38 million worth, which is staggering when we are so short (in all senses of the word) , up front (Locadia - £15m, Andone £5m, Tau £1m, McAllister £7m, Knockaert £10m)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We’ll probably sign someone for the Women’s team, and NSC will literally combust at the club’s “NEW STRIKER SIGNS!!l” email.

Well it is Transfer Deadline Day today for the women, so perhaps they can resist that little stunt for just a few more hours...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Nah, we'll sign a guy, but it will be another very young 'one-for-the-future' who we immediately send out on loan to Rochdale or Walsall :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports