Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What a thoroughly depressing article. All around are finding attacking options and our club have shifted from looking for striker to laying the groundwork for the "happy with what we have" PR bull$hit.

An injured Romanian, a non prolific Bundesliga 2 attacker who shows nothing that he'd cut it at PL level, a young rough diamond with hugely erratic form and Maupay.

If this truly is it, we deserve everything that's coming. And can have no complaints if we find ourselves facing Wycombe a year from now.

Will still support the lads,

Roll on this year's relegation scrap.

Spot on WRT our striker options. It is laughable that we might go with those 4. Actually, it is pathetic and foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Giving up on the chance that we might sign a striker. There could be trouble ahead and the bottom three beckons after the next couple of games. Can see a panic buy in January to rectify this windows failure

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Guess would be that its a loan deal they are looking at. Loanees team would probably want to wait until the last minute to cover themselves against injuries to their 1st team starters before releasing their fringe strikers...

If so this will possibly go to right to deadline day.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Guess would be that its a loan deal they are looking at. Loanees team would probably want to wait until the last minute to cover themselves against injuries to their 1st team starters before releasing their fringe strikers...

If so this will possibly go to right to deadline day.

Like us with Murray....

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I suspect the money is there BUT it has to be for the right player at the right price at the right time who passes the no dickhead test & actually wants to play for the Albion with no European football & probably facing a fight in the bottom 10

that is a lot to all align at the same time & only the club know who's face fits so its pretty irrelevant what anyone posts here as the club wont be taking notice as they have their targets and just hope and wait for the rest to align during the open window

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is me this transfer window. If we end up in the Championship, so be it. TB needs to spend as he sees fit, it’s his money

6F476E46-0497-46ED-B58A-4FD3A60DDBD6.jpeg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I suspect the money is there BUT it has to be for the right player at the right price at the right time who passes the no dickhead test & actually wants to play for the Albion with no European football & probably facing a fight in the bottom 10

that is a lot to all align at the same time & only the club know who's face fits so its pretty irrelevant what anyone posts here as the club wont be taking notice as they have their targets and just hope and wait for the rest to align during the open window

Cant say i'm a fan of this moneyball thing, to me it doesnt look like its been that big a success in the recruitment of first team ready players, too many flops and not enough resale value. Its obvs Blooms way with the stats, probability algorithms and all that jazz....... but it is the best way? we're not going to find out as its Blooms club, but i wonder?

Guess like many? Id want Bloom to stay as long as he wants to, love the fella.......... but could we do with a mega rich Sheikh as an additional investment partner? Could we follow the very successful Wolves Jorge Mendes model by giving another super Agent with a lot of top players on their books a vested interest in the Albion? Kia Joorabchian or similar?

Sometimes it feels like Moneyball is also a highly rule based straight jacket.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is me this transfer window. If we end up in the Championship, so be it. TB needs to spend as he sees fit, it’s his money

View attachment 128543

I haven't seen you on Shoreham beach . . . . Doesn't look like my dogs pissed on the chair either . . .I guess you Must be Further west. :p:rolleyes:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Cant say i'm a fan of this moneyball thing, to me it doesnt look like its been that big a success in the recruitment of first team ready players, too many flops and not enough resale value. Its obvs Blooms way with the stats, probability algorithms and all that jazz....... but it is the best way? we're not going to find out as its Blooms club, but i wonder?

Guess like many? Id want Bloom to stay as long as he wants to, love the fella.......... but could we do with a mega rich Sheikh as an additional investment partner? Could we follow the very successful Wolves Jorge Mendes model by giving another super Agent with a lot of top players on their books a vested interest in the Albion? Kia Joorabchian or similar?

Have you watched the movie "Moneyball"? Excellent film that explains in detail how statistical based analysis of players to build a team works and why dinosaurs who denied/blocked/ignored it became just that, dinosaurs.

Available from any Blockbusters on VHS

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree 100%.
Too simplistic. It undoubtedly has a place, but in combination with other things IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Maupay looked like a new signing today.

2 goals in two games vs his dip in form last season that saw him score 3 in 20.

Very impressed by his positioning, passing and the assist. Feels more in tune with the whole team.

Having said all that I still think we need another striker in the squad incase of injuries.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 exciting days of the main transfer window to go.

Hopefully we get Zeqiri announced soon.

Not sure there is much else to expect.

...although we do have the PL-EFL transfer window running for an additional 11 days so we can't entirely rule out a loan for Troy Deeney in that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here