[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know what you’re saying, but we need to hold back on this kind of thing until the window is concluded.

Historically we do a lot of business towards the end of the window, there is still a lot that can happen yet.

The PL isn't a league that affords time to wait and hold back until windows close.

You have to be going and scoring from the get go. If not you can find yourself in a hole with few goals and few points and little time to rescue a situation.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The PL isn't a league that affords time to wait and hold back until windows close.

You have to be going and scoring from the get go. If not you can find yourself in a hole with few goals and few points and little time to rescue a situation.

Agree, but we’ve been here before haven’t we? I think Maupay was late in the window if I recall.

Since we’ve been in the Prem a lot of deals have gone through deadline day. It’s the way we typically operate.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Agree, but we’ve been here before haven’t we? I think Maupay was late in the window if I recall.

Since we’ve been in the Prem a lot of deals have gone through deadline day. It’s the way we typically operate.

And the more times you are in that position the more chances you have of it finally failing on you as a strategy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's correct for clubs who aren't flushed with PL elite talent.

Nope, its wrong. Plenty of teams go on a streak with four losses or draws without getting relegated or failing. You do afford to wait until the transfer window close, because there will be 34 games left to play and plenty of time to "rescue the situation".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nope, its wrong. Plenty of teams go on a streak with four losses or draws without getting relegated or failing. You do afford to wait until the transfer window close, because there will be 34 games left to play and plenty of time to "rescue the situation".

That's an if everything goes right situation for a lower table team.

Teams also go on much longer losing streaks and never recover.

34 games isn't a lot of games, especially when you've got fixtures against sides like Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd among them.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
That's an if everything goes right situation for a lower table team.

Teams also go on much longer losing streaks and never recover.

34 games isn't a lot of games, especially when you've got fixtures against sides like Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd among them.

it's a marathon, not a sprint

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think we have a list of players we're interested in but at the moment either their Club is trying to get a replacement in or have put an unrealistic price tag on them.
Towards the end of the window one of them will blink first (we know TB won't the Lizard) and lower the price of our target to one that we can afford.

Other options are like Sessegnon at Spurs, he'll be third choice now and probably Spurs have slapped a stupid price tag on him. Come towards the end of the window with Ryan looking for game time and no suitable offers coming in, his price will come down and we may end up getting him very quickly.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It is.

And what is it you do with marathons? You make sure you're well and truly prepared for them before you start one.

If you don't hydrate or carbo load before one you're gone before it's half way.

we're jogging on the spot, impatiently waiting for the off

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We’re biding our time, then we’ll swoop for Abraham and Sessegnon. Young English players who need first team football and fill immediate needs for us.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
that's cos of this covid thing, so the season had to start before the window closed

I get that, but any player that arrives at the closing of the window still takes weeks to get acclimatised to the club, it's game plan and to get them up to match fitness again if they haven't been playing regular PL football.

All these things take time and in that time games pass by.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I get that, but any player that arrives at the closing of the window still takes weeks to get acclimatised to the club, it's game plan and to get them up to match fitness again if they haven't been playing regular PL football.

All these things take time and in that time games pass by.

i know, but it's unavoidable, because of the pandemic; (the first for a century)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports