Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I don't get the angst - we aren't even in the relegation spots at present, West Ham and Watford have had their new manager bounces and we cunningly lost to Bournemouth to keep smug Eddie in the job until it will be too late for a new manager to save them. Comfortable 15th place finish here we come. :whistle:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murray staying is a gamechanger in the need for a striker.

I suspect we may still bring 1 or even 2 in, but then again perhaps not.

We are certainly not relegated as it stands - but the next 2 games need to deliver happy results for us.

An interesting, but not too stressful, day tomorrow awaits.

And let's haul Mlakar back from his nightmare loan at QPR.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
To be honest, whilst we probably all want an addition or two, I find fans' simplistic attitude to transfer windows pretty ridiculous. It's almost as though finding players is a matter of looking at a menu, chucking Blooms money at it and that's it job done. We have to find a) someone better than we have b) someone within price range, c) someone who won't break our wage structure, d) someone who wants to come, e) someone who's club wants to sell to us, f) someone who is ready to play at the highest level right now g) someone who can play to our style h) someone who will be with us for the future. And of course he can also only come if his club have a replacement. Given the way we play, I would much rather see no new striker then just get a body in for the sake of it. We tried that with Locadia and that didn't work out well at all. The whining from some supporters is driving me slightly insane - thank God Bloom is a bit more level headed.

You're right when it comes to summer window signings, they must be better, but January is firefighting, it's the only point you can add something missing, especially for those fighting the financial calamity of relegation.

It's not a restaurant menu but it is similar to buying a car with other competing buyers. If you've got a budget, you shop around and find what best suits your requirements. You can take your time in the summer, but when you had 5 motors last summrt, and you're 2 motors down, another is misfiring, and the other old girl is parked up , it's Jan the 30th, the wheels are falling off and you have one ok runner to get you to May, you find the best you can and roll the dice.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This transfer window is like coming downstairs at Christmas and discovering no presents under the tree.

Well, one of last year’s presents that has been rewrapped (Mooy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I think he gets a bit fed up with the trite questions too...same old questions, same old answers
This. At this stage of the window, I'm sure pretty much every journo he comes across will ask him things he can't answer. Also, if it is true that his father has died (on another thread) it's no surprise that he wasn't bursting with enthusiasm...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Think we should have been on this one, another one seems to have slipped away.

BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace are in talks to sign Jarrod Bowen from Hull City.

One source has told Sky Sports that Palace are close to agreeing a deal worth £16m plus add-ons.

The add ons being 5p in the pound for the rest of the original £16m fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't get the angst - we aren't even in the relegation spots at present, West Ham and Watford have had their new manager bounces and we cunningly lost to Bournemouth to keep smug Eddie in the job until it will be too late for a new manager to save them. Comfortable 15th place finish here we come. :whistle:

Have you seen the league table lately?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw him play for Hull at QPR. Utterly anonymous and didn't have a shot in the entire 90 minutes.

My first absent-minded thought when I read that was 'will fit right in with us, then'. :facepalm:

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Possibly reading too much into things, but watching the press conference earlier on SSN, Potter seemed to be completely disinterested in anything being asked, His body language was not encouraging,

Erm...no way you could have known but there’s a rumour that his dad died today. That might explain it [emoji853]

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
They pull something out of the hat every January window that keeps them safe I don’t think they need to this season, but are still rightly using the window to strengthen. January transfer windows for them do not seem to hold the same fears as our board. That will be two strikers in this window alone for them

And if the y don't score by the end of the season we will be taking the piss out of them for wasting money. Do you think that if we had got Bowen it will guarantee safety. If only football was that easy.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bong confirmed as gone to Forest.

Expecting the incoming floodgates to open now!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
And if the y don't score by the end of the season we will be taking the piss out of them for wasting money. Do you think that if we had got Bowen it will guarantee safety. If only football was that easy.

No I don’t, but if Maupay picks up an injury that keeps him out of a few vital games then we are down
We let two strikers go and haven’t replaced them. I don’t call that proactive do you?
Palace on the other hand now have five available

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here