Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest, whilst we probably all want an addition or two, I find fans' simplistic attitude to transfer windows pretty ridiculous. It's almost as though finding players is a matter of looking at a menu, chucking Blooms money at it and that's it job done. We have to find a) someone better than we have b) someone within price range, c) someone who won't break our wage structure, d) someone who wants to come, e) someone who's club wants to sell to us, f) someone who is ready to play at the highest level right now g) someone who can play to our style h) someone who will be with us for the future. And of course he can also only come if his club have a replacement. Given the way we play, I would much rather see no new striker then just get a body in for the sake of it. We tried that with Locadia and that didn't work out well at all. The whining from some supporters is driving me slightly insane - thank God Bloom is a bit more level headed.

This.

That doesn't mean we're not doomed, though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not sure what people are expecting him to say

“Yeah we are looking at him, don’t tell anybody else”

“We are looking to strengthen up front / right back”

It would be stupid to make any claims in case they fall through

He isn’t going to mention specific positions in case they fall through and it undermines the current player(s) despite what he might think privately

He can’t win either way so it’s best not to saying anything until confirmed .

I would question whether anyone we do bring in, could have been brought in earlier, but a lot of these links are chain reactions to the overall transfer merry go around.

Do we have anyone on here who will be hanging around lancing tomorrow to keep the sky guys company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, whilst we probably all want an addition or two, I find fans' simplistic attitude to transfer windows pretty ridiculous. It's almost as though finding players is a matter of looking at a menu, chucking Blooms money at it and that's it job done. We have to find a) someone better than we have b) someone within price range, c) someone who won't break our wage structure, d) someone who wants to come, e) someone who's club wants to sell to us, f) someone who is ready to play at the highest level right now g) someone who can play to our style h) someone who will be with us for the future. And of course he can also only come if his club have a replacement. Given the way we play, I would much rather see no new striker then just get a body in for the sake of it. We tried that with Locadia and that didn't work out well at all. The whining from some supporters is driving me slightly insane - thank God Bloom is a bit more level headed.

Well said that man, I couldn't agree more. Consider youself up thumbed

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Think we should have been on this one, another one seems to have slipped away.

BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace are in talks to sign Jarrod Bowen from Hull City.

One source has told Sky Sports that Palace are close to agreeing a deal worth £16m plus add-ons.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sure but that wasn't the point being made.

Yes it was. The OP suggested he wasn't bothered because he had five and a half years left on his contract. Your post suggested tat he might actually be bothered because he wouldn't get it paid up in full. I pointed out that even if he didn't get the whole lot he still wouldn't necessarily be bothered - not financially anyway.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BREAKING NEWS

One source has told Sky Sports that Palace are close to agreeing a deal worth £16m plus add-ons.
Yes, as our fans are so pleased with the last top Championship striker we signed.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

BREAKING NEWS

We really don't need another striker that is well under 6ft though do we? I know he's a good player but I would have thought we are looking for a 6ft + striker like a more mobile Murray which I'd suggest is why we are finding it hard.

Maupay is as good as Bowen. We don't need both. Also there is no guarantee he'd be able to instantly be up to speed anyway.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

BREAKING NEWS

Well I think 16M is a bargain and would be thrilled if it was us going for him

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well I think 16M is a bargain and would be thrilled if it was us going for him

They pull something out of the hat every January window that keeps them safe I don’t think they need to this season, but are still rightly using the window to strengthen. January transfer windows for them do not seem to hold the same fears as our board. That will be two strikers in this window alone for them

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can I suggest listening to a certain Dullard's podcast - The Price of Football - as he explains that more often than not, a 5 year contract for a manager does not mean having to pay them 5 years wages when they are sacked.

Senior management in compromise agreement shocker [emoji849][emoji849]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

You're right about the complexities of signing players. But ultimately we have to find a way to do it. We're a football club and we need footballers. All of our rivals seem to be managing. We're really short up front, (in every sense)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

That may well be, but nearly all other PL clubs manage to do it? They have targets and use the window to acquire them. Are you suggesting all these clubs are wrong to do so?

Of course it’s not as simple as chucking some money around and buying whoever’s available, but we knew the January window was coming. It’s not a surprise. It’s our third season here in the PL now and the recruitment team have a long time to prepare potential targets.

We are WOEFULLY short up front. I’m sure nearly all of us agree on that.

So if other clubs are able to navigate January transfer windows, why can’t we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here