Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leaving us with one less player than we have now? You will proved incorrect Sir!

If 4 are leaving, we need at least 7.
We usually have a 26 man squad, and currently have 24 (including 4 GK). So 4 leaving means 6 to get.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, optimistic, but it's what we need to have a successful season, without resorting to using the loan window.

Like probably every other club in this league we will use the loan window to get in players we cannot sign on a permanent basis (either potentially too good (ie Tex), or just too expensive (ie Bridge)), but who will improve the team for a season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Like probably every other club in this league we will use the loan window to get in players we cannot sign on a permanent basis (either potentially too good (ie Tex), or just too expensive (ie Bridge)), but who will improve the team for a season.
The loan window is for 93 day loans, which I think we are looking to avoid as much as possible.

Full season ( ie Tex, Bridge etc. ) and half season loans MUST be signed in the transfer window, and not the loan window.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The loan window is for 93 day loans, which I think we are looking to avoid as much as possible.

Full season ( ie Tex, Bridge etc. ) and half season loans MUST be signed in the transfer window, and not the loan window.

Whenever they sign, they'll still be loanees though, and a very important part of the squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whenever they sign, they'll still be loanees though, and a very important part of the squad.
Yes, I agree, but you responded to my post about avoiding the loan window, by mentioning signings which would have to be made in the transfer window - something I wasn't commenting on...

The club have gone on record about 6 weeks ago as saying they want to use dev squad rather than 93 day loans, for emergencies.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What is encouraging is that the DS is showing signs of being able to provide players good enough to cover in an emergency. . Tilley, Rea, Starkey, Dallison, Ward, Monakana................

Maybe not ready yet to step up permanently but you would be confident that they wouldn't let you down in an emergency

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I agree, but you responded to my post about avoiding the loan window, by mentioning signings which would have to be made in the transfer window - something I wasn't commenting on...

The club have gone on record about 6 weeks ago as saying they want to use dev squad rather than 93 day loans, for emergencies.

OK, accept the technicality. Mind you, there are still quite a few fringe Prem players I woldn't mind having for 93 days (that is three months after all, not two or three matches like Bent)!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe not ready yet to step up permanently but you would be confident that they wouldn't let you down in an emergency
I'm not even confident our first team can do that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"Chris Hughton has told Albion fans he is “very confident” he will have the squad he wants in time for the new Championship season"

Source: the Argus.

Everything is under control chaps
:thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I wouldn't be surpised to see 1 of our CM going for money.

If we are going 4-4-2 we have 6 players going for 2 places.

Given the quality of 5 of them (excluding Holla) , I would think keeping them all happy is a big ask.

Also if we are to sign an AM we could even see 2 go.

Just a hunch

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I'm not even confident our first team can do that.

Oh dear! A "glass nearly empty" day ?

Mind you I find myself teetering on the edge of the abyss as days pass with no sign of "proven quality" coming in.
At the minute it feels no better than last season with no signs that Hughton can actually turn it around. If we hadn't got the albatross of the Amex I have even flirted with the thought that dropping a level and regrouping with confident young players could be beneficial.
Mind you then I look at Sheffield Utd and their struggle to get back up and quickly change my mind :lolol:

Hard to see more than lower level finish this year unless we do find someone confident to score goals and some pace to provide the ammunition but mostly struggling to find faith that Hughton will change the way we play.

Oh well. Keep the faith. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ince has only got 1 year left on his contract. If he has given indications that he won't sign an extension, this is pretty much our last chance to get big money for him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
"Chris Hughton has told Albion fans he is “very confident” he will have the squad he wants in time for the new Championship season"

Source: the Argus.

Everything is under control chaps
:thumbsup:

12 months on,,,,,,,,,,,,

Only the name has changed. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here