Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What concerns me about this latest article beyond the obvious, is that it only mentions a GK and a Striker. Meanwhile we have a gaping hole in our midfield which will be the critical signing for me.

I guess the positive spin could be that a deal is close/done.

It seems you were right. The GK and Striker were being concentrated on as the midfielder was almost done. Which means maybe the rightback is also nearly here ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have read somewhere that Derby are after Lookman on loan from Everton.... If he is allowed to leave, which I doubt he is, get him in!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
All these pundits predicting that Newcastle will stay up comfortably have ignored the fact that Rafa may well walk.

I've been saying this since they went up. Ashley is a prize **** and Rafa will get fed up with trying to work with him, probably sooner rather than later. If (or when) he goes, Ashley will probably bring in one of his old mates as he did with Pardew and Jo Kinnear. Bring it on!

I hope he's mates with Sami Hyypia.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All these pundits predicting that Newcastle will stay up comfortably have ignored the fact that Rafa may well walk.

I've been saying this since they went up. Ashley is a prize ****

I noticed that Sports Direct profits were down recently. I can't see Ashley going large in the window now and the Geordies are restless. As you say, that could lead to a walking Spanish waiter and a team under pressure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In Argus this morning

"Albion are still intent on signing another striker, right-back and third-choice goalkeeper before the transfer window closes on August 31.
Hughton said: "Am I happy with the squad? No, because we want to be as strong as possible going into this season and come the end of the month, but I am also conscious that we have got to bring in the right players.
"I am happy with the quality but we would like to strengthen if we can."

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...midfield_options_a_boost_after_Kayal_concern/

Also confirms Propper signing
"Albion's central midfield options are poised for a timely boost with the club record capture of Dutch international Davy Propper." (as Kayal is injured)

Strange that, allegedly, the club want a right back.

When many NSC posters said the same, they were told in no uncertain terms by know-it-alls that Bruno and Rosenoir would cope fine and so that position was sorted.

The Argus story must therefore be fake news.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Club have been openly looking for a RB all summer so don't know what you're on about.

No you miss the point. If anyone questioned Bruno and Rosenoir's suitability as PL class RB's, they were emphatically told by others that they would be fine and so it was a position that did not need strengthening.

Interesting that the club see it differently.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No you miss the point. If anyone questioned Bruno and Rosenoir's suitability as PL class RB's, they were emphatically told by others that they would be fine and so it was a position that did not need strengthening.

Ok. Not my reading of a fair few NSC posters or fans I know but fair enough. And arguing that Bruno is premier league quality doesn't mean we don't need cover.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Strange that, allegedly, the club want a right back.

When many NSC posters said the same, they were told in no uncertain terms by know-it-alls that Bruno and Rosenoir would cope fine and so that position was sorted.

The Argus story must therefore be fake news.

I posted that I thought we'd need a right back if we went up around March last year and I can't remember anyone contradicting me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
pretty sure we had hung our hat on gomez a few weeks back covering the whole back line, now thats not a goer right back cover is needed most

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
22 days to get a trio of singings.

Another in before the fans forum ? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here