Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree that the Championship is exciting, and bearing in mind where the Albion have been for the many years I've been following them, it's not a bad place to be. The problem, however, is that playing in the Championship costs TB around £10M a year, give or take a bit - and that's unsustainable.

Spot on... and the rose-tinted spectacle-wearing Nimorods on here don't seem to get this... or chose to ignore it...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My logic is they'd destroy us 9/10 games. The fact they are in the CL obviously highlights that massive gulf in talent.

Why are you comparing us to clubs who have performed better than us? We need to be focused on our squad, a squad that is one of the weakest in the PL as it stands.

Yes it's nonsense thinking we have all the time in thew world to improve OUR squad. What other squads are doing is irrelevant given we'll be lucky to be able to score a goal given our bog average striker situation at present.

CJ owned again! :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hey, as long as the rose-tinted spectacle-wearing dullards are happy, then I suppose we all should be! Is that it?

Spot on... and the rose-tinted spectacle-wearing Nimorods on here don't seem to get this... or chose to ignore it...

Just how many Nsc accounts do you have?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just how many Nsc accounts do you have?

Two... one for my PC, and one for when I'm out-and-about... sorry, I know one account should be enough, but I quite like it that way, and it gives me more opportunity to enlighten you! ;-)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two... one for my PC, and one for when I'm out-and-about... sorry, I know one account should be enough, but I quite like it that way, and it gives me more opportunity to enlighten you! ;-)

Not forgetting Sock Monster to flatter you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not forgetting Sock Monster to flatter you.

As you know, Sock Monster is a completely and utterly separate living and breathing human being... ask the mods to check if you like... and try not to mud-sling with zero justification...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree that the Championship is exciting, and bearing in mind where the Albion have been for the many years I've been following them, it's not a bad place to be. The problem, however, is that playing in the Championship costs TB around £10M a year, give or take a bit - and that's unsustainable.

It costs TB £15m to £35m a Championship season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My logic is they'd destroy us 9/10 games. The fact they are in the CL obviously highlights that massive gulf in talent.

Why are you comparing us to clubs who have performed better than us? We need to be focused on our squad, a squad that is one of the weakest in the PL as it stands.

Yes it's nonsense thinking we have all the time in thew world to improve OUR squad. What other squads are doing is irrelevant given we'll be lucky to be able to score a goal given our bog average striker situation at present.

So the only club where getting your business done by June or July defines a season but definitely not August is the Albion. Everyone else gets a pass because we're bog average and they're not.
Ok fair enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's a Nimorod ?

I think he meant Nimrod which the Urban dictionary says is - Nimrod, a mighty hunter, it has come to mean socially inadequate.

So those who aren't impatient and who think we will still get some signings in by the end of August, are social inadequates.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SSN's Transfer Centre have just released images of today's new movements at our Lancing HQ:

A5tumbleweed.jpg

These are exciting times indeed.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
So the only club where getting your business done by June or July defines a season but definitely not August is the Albion. Everyone else gets a pass because we're bog average and they're not.
Ok fair enough.

In my opinion I feel that on May 29th both the Albion and Huddersfield had the two weakest squads going in to the upcoming Premier League season. Of course this meant that the Albion would need to be more busy in the transfer market that almost every other single Premier League team and so we as fans expected us to hit the ground running in terms of transfer activity - especially as promotion was secured on April 17th.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The views on here are pretty polarised with not much middle ground between optimistic and pessimistic. I sway toward the latter without doubt. By now I wouldn't have expected all our business completed but I would have hoped That one of the key signings either up front or in midfield were on board.
We have been preparing for this for a while and supposedly operate a cluster recruitment policy and yet it seems we are here hoping for prices to fall or someone to become available. What happened to our list? So what is the current plan and where are we. Working through the list or taking a big gamble in hoping something comes off nearer the time.
Let's hope if it's the latter we don't run into a Stephens situation as Burnley did last year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The views on here are pretty polarised with not much middle ground between optimistic and pessimistic. I sway toward the latter without doubt. By now I wouldn't have expected all our business completed but I would have hoped That one of the key signings either up front or in midfield were on board.
We have been preparing for this for a while and supposedly operate a cluster recruitment policy and yet it seems we are here hoping for prices to fall or someone to become available. What happened to our list? So what is the current plan and where are we. Working through the list or taking a big gamble in hoping something comes off nearer the time.
Let's hope if it's the latter we don't run into a Stephens situation as Burnley did last year.

Excellent questions and ideal for the Fans Forum. I hope you ask them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Burnley, after getting the brush off from us, signed Jeff Hendrick on August 31st instead for c£10m. Had a decent season for them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So we've had an extra month to bring in signings and yet we don't have much to show for that advantage.

Once the dust is settled on the January window I'd be very interested to know what difference having this extra time had on our transfer business.

It gives you the opportunity to draw up a bigger list of targets, have preliminary talks with agents and get a better feel for the market, although the reality is you're effectively taking a ticket from the dispenser and waiting to be served along with everyone else. That said, it is sometimes the case ground work done in the summer can yield results when the January window opens.

Huddersfield didn't have the luxury of the extra month so have gone in early and splashed the cash on 3 big players in Mounie, Ince and Mooy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here