Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Argue article suggests development squad with idea of a long term prospect. Has previous europa league experience as well according to the article

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Argue article suggests development squad with idea of a long term prospect. Has previous europa league experience as well according to the article

Sounds like a Goldson type signing. He can settle in and play in the Dev squad until we need an RB at which point they might chuck him in. Its a fair wedge for a youth teamer otherwise.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Based on that report we aren't paying £2m up front, but based on long term goals if achieved. So I should imagine a smallish amount up front. Although I thought we had Tyler-Forbes as our future RB? What happened to him?

Anyway looks like we're stepping up the recruitment for the U23, with this bloke and the Leyton Orient bloke. If Alan Nixon is right from what he replied in his twitter account earlier, we have made a change in our approach to buying players, sounds like we're about to throw some money around.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If Alan Nixon is right from what he replied in his twitter account earlier, we have made a change in our approach to buying players, sounds like we're about to throw some money around.

What's he said? Account is private.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
For sure that Alan Nixon might get a few things right from his contacts. To say he knows of a change on our recruitment policy is frankly fanciful.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Based on that report we aren't paying £2m up front, but based on long term goals if achieved. So I should imagine a smallish amount up front. Although I thought we had Tyler-Forbes as our future RB? What happened to him?

Anyway looks like we're stepping up the recruitment for the U23, with this bloke and the Leyton Orient bloke. If Alan Nixon is right from what he replied in his twitter account earlier, we have made a change in our approach to buying players, sounds like we're about to throw some money around.

Maybe he means we are trying to sign players from our own shores rather than abroad?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What's he said? Account is private.

He replied to a question which asked if he knew of any movement at Brighton and he said "Working on it. Surprise change of transfer market tactics" - previously had said that we weren't spending much money and keeping costs under control.

Obviously he might not know anything, but you'd like to think there's no smoke without fire.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
For sure that Alan Nixon might get a few things right from his contacts. To say he knows of a change on our recruitment policy is frankly fanciful.

We've probably "changed approach" in his mind on the basis of the targets his contacts have suggested we're interested in.

Of course he's wrong, because it was undoubtedly always our plan to spend big on a couple of key positions in the first place.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We've probably "changed approach" in his mind on the basis of the targets his contacts have suggested we're interested in.

Of course he's wrong, because it was undoubtedly always our plan to spend big on a couple of key positions in the first place.

Hence our attempt to buy Netto.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Im sure out transfer record will be broken a couple more times before the window closes. Its about getting the right players though not just players for the sake of it. I maybe in a minority but our recruitment team has been solid for a while now and I trust them to get a quality CM and CF in.
Those 2 and a GK and RB (looks like a done deal almost) will complete the squad. I think we will only then go back in the market if some quality players become available st the end of the window once PL teams look to name and complete their squads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here