Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

We need to get younger and faster, but if we didn't sign another player before the start of the season I don't think it would be the end of the world. The players who got us promoted deserve a chance.

Meanwhile Bournemouth spend £20m on a player to add to their squad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40454293

Crazy money - but at this rate we are going to be left well behind ...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Current 25 man squad

Ryan
Bruno
Rosenior
Bong
Dunk
Duffy
Hunemeier
Groß
Stephens
Kayal
Sidwell
Knockaert
March
Skalak
Murphy
Murray
Baldock
Hemed
(18)

Goldson
Walton
Towell
Norwood
Hunt
LuaLua
Ince
(25)

==========

Elvis

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not a chance that will happen, and rightly so. TB is not that weak willed. FACT

Worriers like me have no chance of influencing anything at this club :smile:

I hope your right, but many newly promoted clubs have said the same.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sam Vokes, Scott Arfield, Ashley Barnes etc.

All players I imagine Burnley fans this time last year were thinking would need to be replaced or upgraded. Arguably 3 of their best players last season.

We do need to strengthen, but we will find the same thing next season whereby some players will surprise people and cope with the step up.

Burnley signed 6 players by end August and another 7 Jan.

They narrowly avoided relegation . There home form saved them by the skin of their teeth.

Would take that all day long but they had been up there before so had a better idea of who would cope / what was needed

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Burnley signed 6 players by end August and another 7 Jan.

They narrowly avoided relegation . There home form saved them by the skin of their teeth.

Would take that all day long but they had been up there before so had a better idea of who would cope / what was needed

We will sign 6 players by the end of August. But there will also be others who step up better than expected so there's no need for all this panic. That's my point. It's still June and the majority of transfers these days work on one player triggering a number of other deals to fall into place.

Also, Burnley survived by 6 (7 because of goal difference) points, at the bottom of the Premier League that's a big old gap.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We will sign 6 players by the end of August. But there will also be others who step up better than expected so there's no need for all this panic. That's my point. It's still June and the majority of transfers these days work on one player triggering a number of other deals to fall into place.

Also, Burnley survived by 6 (7 because of goal difference) points, at the bottom of the Premier League that's a big old gap.

You really think we'll sign 6 players? I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land - no offence meant. 2 or 3 at the very most I believe; and they may not be the most exciting signings we've ever made either.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I keep thinking Solly will be a revelation this season. Dont know why, just a gut feeling.

Let's hope so but not that good or he'll be off in the January transfer window.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All the cheapo's contracts expire on monday we will be inundated with Spanish Juans and German Helmuts come tuesday .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You really think we'll sign 6 players? I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land - no offence meant. 2 or 3 at the very most I believe; and they may not be the most exciting signings we've ever made either.

We have signed two already.
We will add another keeper (+Maenpaa) = 3
A left back and a right back = 5
A winger = 6
A striker = 7
A central midfielder= 8

Relax!

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Why are people so surprised we are having difficulties in signing players?
If you a decent premier player you want to play for a club established in the division, not one who will probably go straight down. Any player who does want to sign with us are looking for a decent pay day and fortunately I think the boss can see through them.
The supporters will eventually push the club into buying players we don't really need.
Our problem will be is that we don't have a great nucleus of players that we need to add to. We need to buy that nucleus and that's not going to happen any time soon.
Accept the reality, enjoy the ride and the bumps along the road won't be as painful!

I actually think its quite the opposite.
Dunk, Duffy, BFG, Stevens, Kayal, Knockaert, March & even Murray ARE a great nucleus of players, all IMO are premier league quality. So all we need are additions to complement them, NOT a complete overhaul.

With the additions of Gros & Ryan, I believe we have already started this. Only area that is blatantly lacking is the Striker position & I am sure the club are aware of it & working hard to get the right player in.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Dunk, Duffy, BFG, Stevens, Kayal, Knockaert, March & even Murray ARE a great nucleus of players, all IMO are premier league quality. So all we need are additions to complement them, NOT a complete overhaul.

With the additions of Gros & Ryan, I believe we have already started this. Only area that is blatantly lacking is the Striker position & I am sure the club are aware of it & working hard to get the right player in.

The striker(s), I would argue we need two, is a hugely important signing. The club cannot get that one wrong. We got lucky last season, finishing with only two recognised forwards after Chuka turned out to be less than what we hoped for. Badly need some more pace up front. Still plenty of time to land the right players.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

We've signed 2 already. Take out Ince, Towell, Manu, Lua Lua, and arguably Norwood and Goldson possibly too as has been hinted.

That would leave us with 19 players (including Maenpaa), within a 25 man squad.

You really think we won't sign 5 or 6 more?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the players you mentioned apart from Dunk who has real potential and Knocky, who needs to improve his top level consistency, are anywhere near good enough over a full season.
IMHO though as I explained before it doesn't really matter. It's about being a yo-yo club for a few seasons whilst at the same time improving our overall quality. We can do it, and as someone else stated TB will give us the best chance of success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here