Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Missed your point about signing another striker? I said this in the post above:

"Don't get me wrong - I want us to have another striker by this time next week. I believe that not being able to get Murray (or an equivalent) last January cost us promotion or, at least, the chance of playing at Wembley. But I'm also happy to trust Messrs Winstanley, Hughton, Barber and Bloom to continue to make the right decisions - they've got a very good track record."

But it's not your money. It's not you trying to balance the short, medium and long-term wellbeing of this club. You probably have less than 1% of the information needed to assess what the signing of any particular player may mean for this club.

Damning the club with words like "really stupid" and "criminal" is, well, really stupid and criminal.
I want shares in the kitchen roll company he uses to mop up the testosterone that he seems to dribble with every post.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Tbh at this stage I wouldn't even mind an average striker who tries really hard rather than no one. 3 strikers at the club is way too risky.

You'd be happy if we re-signed Craig Mackail-Smith? He's certainly available.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wrong.

Whatever we spend on a striker now, he will most likely still be worth at least that in a years time. Look at the Rhodes situation.

Even if they are not, as long as the help secure prem football next season who cares? The end justifies the means and to say we should try and buy for next season now or not bother is a ridiculous gamble.

I admire your confidence in your opinion. Lol.

There is no certainty that if we sign a striker now he'll be worth more next season. Do you think Villa will get £15m for McCormack when they sell? Even Rhodes who I presume you are basing this statement on will have cost £3 or £4m in wages so even if Boro get their £9m transfer fee back they've still done money. If there is an undervalued striker in the championship I'm sure we'll be in for him but lets be honest there isn't one. Winall was possibly but he's a bit too samey with Murray and Hemed for me and that boat has sailed. If we want someone who can do the business next season in the PL you are probably looking at what £15m transfer plus £50k a week? It's a big investment plus you have to persuade the player to drop down too.

Surely it makes more sense to get a young but gifted forward in on loan from someone? Outlay is less plus you keep your options open in the summer. The only way I could see that not applying would be if there was a gem from abroad somewhere that we could get if we moved quickly? That could happen but given we've heard nothing to this point it's unlikely IMO.

Who would you sign right now that we could get and would be guaranteed to do the business? It's crucial we get someone in I agree with that in fact I'd prefer to see two in but I cannot see a full transfer at this point from either the PL or the Championship but who knows?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I admire your confidence in your opinion. Lol.

There is no certainty that if we sign a striker now he'll be worth more next season. Do you think Villa will get £15m for McCormack when they sell? Even Rhodes who I presume you are basing this statement on will have cost £3 or £4m in wages so even if Boro get their £9m transfer fee back they've still done money. If there is an undervalued striker in the championship I'm sure we'll be in for him but lets be honest there isn't one. Winall was possibly but he's a bit too samey with Murray and Hemed for me and that boat has sailed. If we want someone who can do the business next season in the PL you are probably looking at what £15m transfer plus £50k a week? It's a big investment plus you have to persuade the player to drop down too.

Surely it makes more sense to get a young but gifted forward in on loan from someone? Outlay is less plus you keep your options open in the summer. The only way I could see that not applying would be if there was a gem from abroad somewhere that we could get if we moved quickly? That could happen but given we've heard nothing to this point it's unlikely IMO.

Who would you sign right now that we could get and would be guaranteed to do the business? It's crucial we get someone in I agree with that in fact I'd prefer to see two in but I cannot see a full transfer at this point from either the PL or the Championship but who knows?

So we might lost £3-4million next year, but if it get us into the prem with £100m+ earnings its loose change. Look at the bigger picture ffs.

Can I play poker with you one time? You seem like the kind of guy who will just let his chips run down without ever doing anything.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me, if KLL and Manu had been on our bench vs Cardiff at least one, if not both, would have come on.

Not bringing in a fourth striker is one thing, but letting both of those go and not bringing in a striker would be terrible.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me, if KLL and Manu had been on our bench vs Cardiff at least one, if not both, would have come on.

Not bringing in a fourth striker is one thing, but letting both of those go and not bringing in a striker would be terrible.

Manu would have been offside.

Edit - I take your point though, the bench unusually looked a little lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
That is contradictory!

Or did you mean to say there is a definite signing inbound that will be either a permanent deal, or if not then a loan deal?

Yes apologies that was poorly written. As you state above.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
So we might lost £3-4million next year, but if it get us into the prem with £100m+ earnings its loose change. Look at the bigger picture ffs.

Can I play poker with you one time? You seem like the kind of guy who will just let his chips run down without ever doing anything.

Two things. Love to play poker with you, deary me can you be any more transparent? Bluff, bluff, bluff again lol

Secondly, don't play the keyboard warrior it makes you look a dick. I'd love to sign Messi or Kane or someone but I'll let you into a little secret they ain't coming! I'm more than capable of looking at the bigger picture but you seem to think this is football manager, offer them enough money and they'll come, fine when it ain't yours and fine when they aren't real people making decisions about their own careers, . why don't you amaze me with who you think we can buy right now, who would come, make us a better team and is proven in this division? If you can you might be right, I cannot wait....

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Two things. Love to play poker with you, deary me can you be any more transparent? Bluff, bluff, bluff again lol

Secondly, don't play the keyboard warrior it makes you look a dick. I'd love to sign Messi or Kane or someone but I'll let you into a little secret they ain't coming! I'm more than capable of looking at the bigger picture but you seem to think this is football manager, offer them enough money and they'll come, fine when it ain't yours and fine when they aren't real people making decisions about their own careers, . why don't you amaze me with who you think we can buy right now, who would come, make us a better team and is proven in this division? If you can you might be right, I cannot wait....

I think you missed my point re poker - but that doesn't surprise me. I'm certainly no keyboard warrior sweet cheeks, I would say anything I've ever posted to peoples faces.

Don't just start cracking out insults just because i'm highlighting your the flaws in your statement - its childish.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think you missed my point re poker - but that doesn't surprise me. I'm certainly no keyboard warrior sweet cheeks, I would say anything I've ever posted to peoples faces.

Don't just start cracking out insults just because i'm highlighting your the flaws in your statement - its childish.

Why on earth would I bother? Still waiting for this genius signing Doyle Brunson. Poker and football genius in one man I'm impressed. There may well be flaws in my argument but you've yet to highlight **** all other than you reckon no matter who we sign we'll get the money back at the end of the season which is shite.

Give me a name, any name, you think we can sign that fits your argument?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of things about this thread:-

1 - Why has everybody started numbering their points.
2- There is no point 2.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

If KLL had come on instead of Norwood he would have tried a worldy from 35 yeards instead of playing a perfect pass to Hemed to score. KLL is no where near the player he was at the start of last season before he was injured, all four of our wingers are better so why do we need a fifth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here