Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure we should be throwing that around anymore, 3 playoffs in 4 seasons without even a final to show for it.

Total of a measly three goals too I believe? Maybe we should follow the Derby way when it comes to strikers :wink:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Agree with you but I also think the new recruitment team do things differently. They won't just sign a body - the standard of targets / signings has definately gone up. Got a feeling Rosenior may be fit for Sat or Hune may play...

Hope you are correct re Uwe or Rosenior. Certainly either would give me more confidence going into Saturday. I get that we just don't want to bring in a body for the sake of it, but part of target identification must surely be an indication of whether you can afford fee and wages and if the player will sign, otherwise its pointless. Opening a can of worms no doubt but to be a week from the close of the window and still have the same gaps to fill you had in June is for me concerning. It would be madness to go until January with 6 first team defenders and 3 strikers, relying on luck with injuries and suspension. The window for me would be a failure if this becomes the case, even without any departures, I hope and trust my growing concerns will be misplaced.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hope you are correct re Uwe or Rosenior. Certainly either would give me more confidence going into Saturday. I get that we just don't want to bring in a body for the sake of it, but part of target identification must surely be an indication of whether you can afford fee and wages and if the player will sign, otherwise its pointless. Opening a can of worms no doubt but to be a week from the close of the window and still have the same gaps to fill you had in June is for me concerning. It would be madness to go until January with 6 first team defenders and 3 strikers, relying on luck with injuries and suspension. The window for me would be a failure if this becomes the case, even without any departures, I hope and trust my growing concerns will be misplaced.

Relax, the majority of deals are not done until deadline day.

In 2015 FIFA reported that 65% of all deals done in the entire window were done on transfer deadline day.

They also say that it takes only 10 minutes for clubs to register a transfer if all documents are uploaded into the system without any mistake.

So there's no need to panic just yet. Or right up until 11:50 on the 31st of August.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Relax, the majority of deals are not done until deadline day.

In 2015 FIFA reported that 65% of all deals done in the entire window were done on transfer deadline day.

They also say that it takes only 10 minutes for clubs to register a transfer if all documents are uploaded into the system without any mistake.

So there's no need to panic just yet. Or right up until 11:50 on the 31st of August.
That'll be 50 minutes late I think. Isn't it 11pm this year?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Conductor tells me he thinks he's adding a SINGER to his orchestra TODAY ???

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is there a WARWICK AVENUE in LARNCING? :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here