Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yet bournemouth clearly stated at the time that he was completely off their payroll

He would be effectively if we paid a loan fee in excess of 30k per week. and it wouldnt upset our players because what he has agreed with Bournemouth is up to them. Believe whatever you wish but I can see the logic of such a move.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
He would be effectively if we paid a loan fee in excess of 30k per week. and it wouldnt upset our players because what he has agreed with Bournemouth is up to them. Believe whatever you wish but I can see the logic of such a move.

They also clearly stated no loan fee, we were paying his wages.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I will go for what sounds more likely then alongside the fact he was on what i believe to be over 30k a week at bournemouth. Well certainly over the talk of someone who believed lua lua was on a 3 year loan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cannot be bothered to discuss this with somebody who cannot see the logic of what unrest a player receiving such wages from us would cause to our squad. To me it seems a logical way to circumvent such a situation. So just forget it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I will go for what sounds more likely then alongside the fact he was on what i believe to be over 30k a week at bournemouth. Well certainly over the talk of someone who believed lua lua was on a 3 year loan

It's all bleedin' obvious, innit.

The club pays the money to a wholly-owned not-for-profit (yeh right!) off-shore based trust, so the payments don't count towards FFP.
The trust takes a cut (which is paid to the trustees, as the trust itself cannot make a profit) and pays Bournemouth FC.
Bournemouth FC take a cut and pay the money to a consortium based, for tax purposes, in the Channel Islands.
The consortium takes a cut, and pays the money to Murray's agent.
Murray's agent takes a (probably bigger) cut and pays the money to Murray.
Murray takes a cut, and passes the money on to Mrs. Murray (and possibly to any former Mrs. Murrays?)

That is how it works, isn't it?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I don't think they did as the Villa owner pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute after Villa got beat by Luton. Bennett is still at Villa as far as I know.

Villa chairman vetoed the deal stating they do not sell any player to a rival championship side.
Di Matteo overuled as he has told player he is not in his plans.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just noticed that David Nugent is still at Middlesbro so the rumoured move to Wolves didnt happen. He would make the ideal 4th striker subject to wages of course,.
I'd hope we were looking for someone younger with more pace, and who can play off the main striker, and isn't on massive wages, with a chance of a decent sell-on. I don't think Nugent fits any of those criteria

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd hope we were looking for someone younger with more pace, and who can play off the main striker, and isn't on massive wages, with a chance of a decent sell-on. I don't think Nugent fits any of those criteria

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

He fits our major criteria he can score goals.

We should do like Middlebro did with Rhodes and Villa are doing with McCormack sign a player that can do it now get us promoted then if need be sell him again next year. Somebody will pay the money that we have to get a proven goalscorer., as Villa have shown.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not too keen on the 'mood music' coming from Chris via the Argus... seems to be focussed on retaining our current stars (good) but down-playing the oh so obvious need for a new striker and central defender.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It certainly doesnt look good regarding incomings.

I'm just hoping that the budget hasn't all had to be reallocated to player retention.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What about that set aside for Pritchard that shouldnt have been absorbed, fee plus wages

Probably. I notice Dale not even on bench today...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here