Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Local paper in Wolverhampton reporting that Balotelli is considering stepping down to the Championship for a season long loan, apparently they're after him, as are Port Vale oddly.

From a football point of view (and in terms of just growing up, ffs!) it would probably do him a power of good. However, can't see him (or his agent) accepting a massive pay cut - and having him in your Championship team on £100K a week (whoever is paying all or part of it) would be a massive cause of discontent among the rest of the team - especially as I think the boy is just too stupid not to flaunt it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From a football point of view (and in terms of just growing up, ffs!) it would probably do him a power of good. However, can't see him (or his agent) accepting a massive pay cut - and having him in your Championship team on £100K a week (whoever is paying all or part of it) would be a massive cause of discontent among the rest of the team - especially as I think the boy is just too stupid not to flaunt it.

Can't argue with stupid, fireworks in your house is stupid as stupid gets

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd argue the toss on that, Murray is a more complete forward IMO.

I did say maybe................. Long experience of playing at a higher level in the PL than Murray, though, and a full England international, are factors in Lambert's favour. Age against him, though (though after what we've seen of Bruno, maybe we shouldn't worry too much about that!) Anyway, he is similar to Murray and Hemed; if we hadn't got Murray, I'd be all for getting Lambert in, but as things stand, I think our needs are elsewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
can't see him (or his agent) accepting a massive pay cut - and having him in your Championship team on £100K a week (whoever is paying all or part of it) would be a massive cause of discontent among the rest of the team
He wouldn't have a pay cut if his wages are picked up by his first team, and it wouldn't cause discontent if he's not earning more from the club he's at. It didn't when Wayne Bridge came here on a huge wage.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He wouldn't have a pay cut if his wages are picked up by his first team, and it wouldn't cause discontent if he's not earning more from the club he's at. It didn't when Wayne Bridge came here on a huge wage.

Maybe. But Bridge played brilliantly and appeared to have a good attitude and to be a team player. He may have been on a huge wedge, but he didn't appear to flaunt it.

Ballotelli doesn't have that much sense (and because of his consistent failures to settle at one club and moving for silly money time and time again, I suspect he's on a lot more than Wayne Bridge was).

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who? Another .defender how many do they need as they signed Joe Bennett last week,.

I don't think they did as the Villa owner pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute after Villa got beat by Luton. Bennett is still at Villa as far as I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here