Theoretically would you let Bridcutt go to then buy a striker?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

No but if you said dicker and harley you may get a better response!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well they didn't announce anything, so I presumed his contract was due to run out next summer. I really don't see why the club has suddenly become so secretive about contract lengths.

I wasn't being sarcastic with that post, btw, I don't know how long his extension was. Apparently a whole bunch of our squad were given one year extensions after winning promotion from league 1 and that wasn't announced until midway through last season. His may have been one of them just taken longer to negotiate, or his may have been different, longer.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think he could go for £2m plus. Arguably we could get a decent striker for that amount.

For what it's worth I wouldn't either by the way, but it's an interesting discussion :)

No the discussion isn't' interesting' at all, it should go without saying that Bridders is way too important for us to sell just for the sake of a striker.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No the discussion isn't' interesting' at all, it should go without saying that Bridders is way too important for us to sell just for the sake of a striker.

And yet it's four pages long.

Will definitely be interesting to see this board if it happens :)

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
no hes one of our most consistant performers but having said that didnt think the cardiff match was one of his best games, must stay though hes pivotal to us

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Mostly your posts tend to be sensible but simply asking this question makes it appear that you've lost all your marbles!

The loss of Bridcutt would far outweigh the benefit of buying a striker who may or may not deliver.

Young Premier loan player (e.g. Harry Kane) is the way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports