Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Them bloody trumpets

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Maybe a few weeks but i miss the chants, everyone says its a tradition in africa...how is blowing a plastic trumpet made in china with coca cola written on it a tradition?

Maybe they aren't allowed to run around bashing their shields with their spears like in Zulu anymore, and this is the next best thing in their eyes? :laugh:

Mind you, in the film they sang every nicely, so maybe they should give that a go?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
turned the game off - the swarm of bees is just too annoying.

to the "they are ok" gang:

what does this add to atmosphere? especially when the atmosphere created is the same no matter what in the game is happening. it is killing the game, and making for an awful spectacle.

how is it tradition to buy plastic? how does it support a team when both sets of players know no difference - just noise.

its gotta go.

but i see UK supermarkets are selling thousands to the sheep that will follow just about anything.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They are quite simply ruining the world cup for me. Pathetic.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I am not watching any "lesser" games and its give me a headach or drones me to sleep. If fact, there is not really one game worth while today because of the buzzing. I normaly watch or at least have on every game.

Not that anyone gives a f***. I'm just give my opinion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
to the "they are ok" gang:

what does this add to atmosphere? especially when the atmosphere created is the same no matter what in the game is happening. it is killing the game, and making for an awful spectacle.

how is it tradition to buy plastic? how does it support a team when both sets of players know no difference - just noise.

its gotta go.

but i see UK supermarkets are selling thousands to the sheep that will follow just about anything.
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :salute:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :salute:

very intelligent viewer of football i see here.

yep, instead of using intelligence to support my team or think about analysis of player battles i will blow a plastic horn to show my support.
:rolleyes:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Isn't this...a flounce?

:flounce: :flounce: :flounce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

yep, instead of using intelligence to support my team or think about analysis of player battles i will blow a plastic horn to show my support.
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:salute:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Those that hate them are just jealous they can't play... Get into the swing of things!

[yt]7X031mwwuLg[/yt]

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Those that hate them are just jealous they can't play... Get into the swing of things!

More likely they are too used to sitting in silence at Withdean and have forgotten what its like to watch a game with noise and an atmosphere.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Yeah, how dare anyone actually enjoy themselves at a football match :tantrum:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
if you think plastic trumpets supply atmosphere i worry for your intelligence.

atmosphere is the flow of fans noise in harmony with the game - a duet of sorts.

these plastic trumpets just make the same noise for a goal kick as they do for an amazing goal. its stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here