Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Theft is theft

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Stealing is wrong and there‘s no excuse for it, but in almost a ‘cockeyed defence’ the poor woman was probably working her ‘bollocks‘ off for £30,000 a year looking at the untold riches being paid out elsewhere in the club?

Doesn't make it right clearly 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I’m too soft, but are we in danger of creating a huge gap between the ‘have and have nots’ in society ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Stealing is wrong and there‘s no excuse for it, but in almost a ‘cockeyed defence’ the poor woman was probably working her ‘bollocks‘ off for £30,000 a year looking at the untold riches being paid out elsewhere in the club?

Maybe I’m too soft, but are we in danger of creating a huge gap between the ‘have and have nots’ in society ?
'We'........... ? I don't think I'm contributing anything to cause the ever-widening gulf.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

We have already created the huge gap between the Haves and Have Nots.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I gave my butler a pay rise on the spot after reading this. :rolleyes:
When I went to stay with a mate in a Durban his mates got wind of the fact that my wife and I were nice to his maid and gave her all our loose change and plenty of notes…They said wow….Mybwife even made her a cup of tea. First white women who had ever done it in herv70 odd years.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When I went to stay with a mate in a Durban his mates got wind of the fact that my wife and I were nice to his maid and gave her all our loose change and plenty of notes…They said wow….Mybwife even made her a cup of tea. First white women who had ever done it in herv70 odd years.
And the relevance…. I don’t think there is is any

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My point, but are we in danger of creating a politics of envy that goes beyond the boundaries?
creating? existed for centuries. like have and have not. bit peculiar to bring it up in relation to simple theft.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Her defence barristers claim that her isolation from family in Scotland was contributory is something else.

I also like the claim that she contacted the club to pay back the £85,000 o/a and hasn’t heard back!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You're not soft you just a weird vision of reality.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
but are we in danger of creating a huge gap between the ‘have and have nots’ in society ?
Only with posts like this.

As you say, theft is theft. You can't say it's okay for one person to steal but not for another, because then were is the line drawn?

What if Man City had fired her and she went on to find employment in a care home, and she stole from that business or from the residents, because she thought she could steal with impunity?

I don't think there's many people who get reformed by the prison system, but maybe just maybe her time inside will focus her mind and if she does gain employment again on the outside she thinks twice about stealing again.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Only with posts like this.

As you say, theft is theft. You can't say it's okay for one person to steal but not for another, because then were is the line drawn?

What if Man City had fired her and she went on to find employment in a care home, and she stole from that business or from the residents, because she thought she could steal with impunity?

I don't think there's many people who get reformed by the prison system, but maybe just maybe her time inside will focus her mind and if she does gain employment again on the outside she thinks twice about stealing again.
Her conviction will be spent in 5 and half years (4 years after her 18 month sentence) so will not be disclosable for employment at this point onwards.

A POCA order against her could see the family impacted if they seek to recover the balance (don’t see why they wouldn’t)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here