Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thee unofficial match day thread ****England v Wales****

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just coming home on the choo choo from London
Note to oneself "never watch an England game in a walkabout pub in London"
About 400 in pub 3 bar staff and no air con
Left at half time to find a cozy pub outside monument station, big screen easy access to bar, like the final result turned out well in the end
That's all folks

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At least there were some decent substitutions from Roy today. It's not boxing where you can win on points or gymnastics where you get points for looking good, you have to put the ball in the net. At last Sturridge and Vardy appeared and, to the surprise of no one except Hodgson, they scored. Sterling should be on the plane home now. Kane looks more tired than Wilson did for us during the Championship season. And Lallana isn't and was never a finisher.

Start the players that have bags full of confidence and a finishing touch. Vardy scored with his third touch. Sturridge was a menace, Rashford could be a great if he's given his head. Yet Roy insists on starting with a £50 million benchwarmer and a guy who hardly impressed at Withdean. Hopefully that final 45 minutes have put an end to that.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Appears that Psycho has been enjoying the local grape based products

prar.JPG

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just seen highlights - delighted to see Bale moaning about the offside that wasn't offside. He really showed himself to be a jerk this week, and what goes around comes around.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Just seen highlights - delighted to see Bale moaning about the offside that wasn't offside. He really showed himself to be a jerk this week, and what goes around comes around.

Must be a Real Madrid thing ,goes with the other jerk of the week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit odd playing Ukraine v Northern Ireland in a stadium that holds just under 60K, and England v Wales in a stadium that holds just over 40K :shrug:

By odd, you mean fecking ridiculous but hardly surprising.

Just wait for the Austria v Iceland game in the Stade de France - 81,000 capacity.

Gotta love UEFA.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I keep on listening but since the final whistle I haven't heard a single Welshman utter the word "passion". - unlike before the game when it seemed to have a place in every other sentence, explaining why they were going to win today.
In fairness they were totally outclassed and outplayed and seemed to have less of the p-word for the game than England but after all the billy-big-bollocks of the last few days they surely can't have bottled it?

My timelines on Twitter on Facebook do however seem to be full of western-English folk declaring a lack of interest in football and suggesting rugby as the ball game that matters. Should I point out who are the current triple crown holders?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Savage, well I think we could do without that inept commentary. Understandably bias but also leek tinted specs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wales were very poor even Bale who had 1 shot which Hart will be disappointed to have let in. People suggest bringing back the home internationals why? Who would it benefit? Not England that is certain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here