Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
See your at it again a sideways move HAHA!! makes me laugh. Coming from a midtable in championship been in the lower leagues for years and he would be going to a team in the Carling Cup final at Wembley, a stadium for the big boys ;)
Much better team than you, a better and bigger stadium than you, and don't start with the state of the art shit, from the outside yes it look nice inside it looks shit, and you know the football is played on the inside (y)
So yep once again welcome to a bigger and better football club Mr Noone

So much better than us that we spanked you 3-1, iin your souless, non-atmospheric stadium.

Bigger club, absolutely no way. I doubt whether any of your fans have seen a Cardiff team in the top flight of English football.I would strongly advise you worry about how you are going to bridge the ever growing gap with Swansea. Now swim away!

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
So much better than us that we spanked you 3-1, iin your souless, non-atmospheric stadium.
Found a fews pictures of their stadium for those not in the know.
37-1.jpg

soton-ground.jpg

derby01.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
See your at it again a sideways move HAHA!! makes me laugh. Coming from a midtable in championship been in the lower leagues for years and he would be going to a team in the Carling Cup final at Wembley, a stadium for the big boys ;)
Much better team than you, a better and bigger stadium than you, and don't start with the state of the art shit, from the outside yes it look nice inside it looks shit, and you know the football is played on the inside (y)
So yep once again welcome to a bigger and better football club Mr Noone
you should do some research as you spent decades getting 3/4/5k crowds and haven't done anything big since the 50's,yes you're on the up but so are we and our stadium will be bigger than yours next season.

Move on and get over it:)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Found a fews pictures of their stadium for those not in the know.
37-1.jpg

soton-ground.jpg

derby01.jpg

Quite stunning isn't it.
It speaks volumes in the fact that theirs cost half as much as ours, and their ground is bigger by a few thousand at the moment.
Theirs is an Ikea jobby- straight out of the flat-pack as previously purchased by Hull, Southampton, Reading, Leicester, Derby and countless others.
Ours is quite simply a custom-designed Rolls-Royce of a stadium that puts all of the above to shame.

I know which one I'd prefer..

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
To drag it back on topic...

(1) Noone's final ball is not poor, or shit, or lacking. He was playing as our only creative outlet in a truly dire sequence of performances, where our idea for winning a game was, give it to Noone, hope he can beat the two or sometimes even three players marking him out of the game, and if he can beat them, he then has to put a cross onto CMS' head, who is being marked out of the game himself by two enormous Championship centre backs. No wonder he went off the boil, like CMS he has no help whatsoever, he was just expected to do it on his own. Does nobody remember Sunderland, or Liverpool, or Blackpool, or Donny? Noone torments fullbacks just as much as Kaz/Buckley, he just does it in a different way.
(2) He doesn't have the pace of Buckley/LuaLua, but what he does have is trickery, his dribbling and close control is 10x better than either of them. I'm loving Buckley's form at the moment and Kaz is electrifying when he's running at someone, but when we play teams who park the bus and there's no room in behind the full back for Kaz or Buckley to run at and get to the byline, Noone's ability to trick his way past defenders into space will be invaluable.
(3) If Gus is looking to play 442, does no-one think we might actually NEED three wingers? Have we learnt nothing of our injuries this season? Sure, Noone wouldn't be first pick at the moment, but both Kaz & Buckley have had their injury problems this year and we're fully aware of the Vicente situation. All it needs is one of them to get injured and suddenly we're forcing square pegs into round holes again, playing Hoskins or Barnes on the wing when they're supposed to be upfront.
(4) If the £950k/1m rumour is correct, that's still as derisory as £450k. WHY would we want to sell one of our key players for that sort of money? We're not potless anymore, we're not at the Withdean, we CAN stick up for ourselves and refuse to budge until a proper valuation is met. I'm sorry but if we were offering £1m for Whittingham they'd be pissing themselves laughing. Noone is one of our better players and if we're accepting figures of £1m then we're getting bent over just like we did for Benno. Top 8 Championship wingers are worth £2.5-3m. FACT. £950k is a f***ing joke, regardless of this thread being started as a wind-up.

I can't believe the lack of ambition some people show. What would selling Noone actually achieve?
- Less than a million in the bank (which we don't need)
- down to 2 (injury-prone) wingers in our squad at the time we're hoping to change formation and will need squad depth
- a message to our players and to the division that we let clubs take the piss
- a side at the top end of our division, where we want to be, get one of our better players to come back and tear Calde a new arsehole when we play them at the Amex.

Never has :facepalm: been more needed.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
To drag it back on topic...

(1) Noone's final ball is not poor, or shit, or lacking. He was playing as our only creative outlet in a truly dire sequence of performances, where our idea for winning a game was, give it to Noone, hope he can beat the two or sometimes even three players marking him out of the game, and if he can beat them, he then has to put a cross onto CMS' head, who is being marked out of the game himself by two enormous Championship centre backs. No wonder he went off the boil, like CMS he has no help whatsoever, he was just expected to do it on his own. Does nobody remember Sunderland, or Liverpool, or Blackpool, or Donny? Noone torments fullbacks just as much as Kaz/Buckley, he just does it in a different way.
(2) He doesn't have the pace of Buckley/LuaLua, but what he does have is trickery, his dribbling and close control is 10x better than either of them. I'm loving Buckley's form at the moment and Kaz is electrifying when he's running at someone, but when we play teams who park the bus and there's no room in behind the full back for Kaz or Buckley to run at and get to the byline, Noone's ability to trick his way past defenders into space will be invaluable.
(3) If Gus is looking to play 442, does no-one think we might actually NEED three wingers? Have we learnt nothing of our injuries this season? Sure, Noone wouldn't be first pick at the moment, but both Kaz & Buckley have had their injury problems this year and we're fully aware of the Vicente situation. All it needs is one of them to get injured and suddenly we're forcing square pegs into round holes again, playing Hoskins or Barnes on the wing when they're supposed to be upfront.
(4) If the £950k/1m rumour is correct, that's still as derisory as £450k. WHY would we want to sell one of our key players for that sort of money? We're not potless anymore, we're not at the Withdean, we CAN stick up for ourselves and refuse to budge until a proper valuation is met. I'm sorry but if we were offering £1m for Whittingham they'd be pissing themselves laughing. Noone is one of our better players and if we're accepting figures of £1m then we're getting bent over just like we did for Benno. Top 8 Championship wingers are worth £2.5-3m. FACT. £950k is a f***ing joke, regardless of this thread being started as a wind-up.

I can't believe the lack of ambition some people show. What would selling Noone actually achieve?
- Less than a million in the bank (which we don't need)
- down to 2 (injury-prone) wingers in our squad at the time we're hoping to change formation and will need squad depth
- a message to our players and to the division that we let clubs take the piss
- a side at the top end of our division, where we want to be, get one of our better players to come back and tear Calde a new arsehole when we play them at the Amex.

Never has :facepalm: been more needed.

I agree with every point you make. Buckley and Lua Lua are very similar very direct. Noone offers us something completely different great trickery and dribbling skills and as I've mentioned before he is a better player than Lua Lua.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
2011 23.194
2010 20.717
2009 18.000
2008 13.939
2007 15.223
2006 11.720
2005 12.976
2004 15.569
2003 13.050
2002 12.523

2001 7.962
2000 6.895
1999 7.131
1998 3.610
1997 3.594
1996 3.420
1995 4.543
1994 6.072
1993 8.560
1992 6.191
1991 2.946
1990 3.642
1989 4.385
1988 4.390
1987 2.826
1986 3.061
1985 4.363
1984 7.067
1983 7.036
1982 5.574

So basically before they started splashing the cash they did'nt have they were tin pot and fickle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here