Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "well done Palace" thread

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Great contradiction there.

How is that is a contradiction?

Puncheon has been an awful player throughout his career.

Pulis has done something (played him in a different position, used the perfect motivational technique or something) to turn an awful player to an ok one.

He still wouldn't get into the starting line up of about 18 other Premier league teams though.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
How is that is a contradiction?

Puncheon has been an awful player throughout his career.

Pulis has done something (played him in a different position, used the perfect motivational technique or something) to turn an awful player to an ok one.

He still wouldn't get into the starting line up of about 18 other Premier league teams though.

He's not on Pen duty anymore either. I wonder if that ball has come down yet?

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012
Seriously, how many of this Palace team could be starters in the current Brighton team?

Speroni? Possibly.

Bolaisie? Improved recently. Probably get in.

Jedinak? I guess so, but not if Bridders was still here.

That's it.

Go to bed mate, you're drunk

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Even the most blinkered Albion fan would have to admit that Palace have been a revelation since Pulis took over. He's taken decent players and moulded them into a good TEAM. Anyone who thinks only 3 of their players, at this moment of time, would get in our team is deluded.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Yep, well done to Palace and Pulis, in my humble opinion he should be a shoo in for manager of the year, also it pains me to say it but their fans have been pretty outstanding as well. Credit where credit is due.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Unreal to be safe still with 3 games to go
Properly the best managerial effort you will ever see
The fans have played a big part home and away
Sometime you have to pinch yourself to make sure your not dreaming lol

cpfc1905

Mar 18, 2013
Don't give them any credit FFS. They've had the luckist 12 months of any football team ever. They went up almost by accident, the rot set in with holloway 15 games before the end of last season. Had there been two more games they wouldn't have made the play-offs and holloway would be in charge of a mid table championship side at the moment. We should've won the tie in the play-offs but Gus acted like a selfish c*** and decided he couldn't be bothered to win.

Even more remarkable though is Pulis. He was appointed at a time when the rest of the premier league clubs wouldn't touch him with a barge pole because of how his team played at stoke. No other manager who was rated wanted the pa**ce job because it was a dead cert for relegation on their CV so Pulis and phallus came together out of desperation and all of a sudden he's turned into some sort of f**king tactical genius over night!! Unbelievable!!

They won't get relegated with him in charge. Ever. Thinking about it makes me want to vomit. The only saving grace is that I have no doubt we'll be up there in the near future.

Are you calling, curling 1 out in our changing room an accident still?

Poyets fault was it?

Yeah they looked really desperate rushing in to get the right foreigner for the job.

i suggest vomiting in your own changing room, just a helpful tip

cpfc1905

Mar 18, 2013
To the rest of you who congratulated and commended us, come up the waters warm. I for one would welcome the rivalry next season

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Well done Palace. A lot of teams succeed well in their first season up in the Prem and then go straight back down the season after or after that. This season will be a season you'll never repeat. Enjoy, it's as good as it'll get.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well done Palace. A lot of teams succeed well in their first season up in the Prem and then go straight back down the season after or after that. This season will be a season you'll never repeat. Enjoy, it's as good as it'll get.

Will you lot ever be one season wonders in the top tier ?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Seriously, how many of this Palace team could be starters in the current Brighton team?

Speroni? Possibly.

That's it.

Just thought this deserved another quote :moo:

At present, the only Brighton player who might get into the Palace starting XI is Ulloa in place of Jerome. Our strongest team currently reads: Speroni, Ward, Mariappa, Delaney, Dann, Jedinak, Chamakh, Puncheon, Bolasie, Ledley, Jerome. Any Brighton fan knows as well as I do that Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon, Chamakh, Ward, Jedinak, Dann, etc. would walk into your team with ease. Murray would play every week for you and he can hardly get off our bench. As for your comment about Bridcutt being better than Jedinak... Anyone who watched the Championship last season would have told you that Jedi was better, and that has only been further proven in the Premier League.

To suggest that a midtable Premier League team have worse players than a side struggling to make the playoffs in the Championship is frankly laughable. Our squad is far superior, and so is our manager. Sorry.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012

Speroni? Possibly.

That's it.

Haha, stand up comedy at it's best. Surely this is a joke? You telling me both your full backs are better than Ward who is likely to win POTY? Puncheon who has proved himself at Prem level for Saints and Palace wouldn't get into your side? You've got players better than Joe Ledley and Tom Ince? And then there is Murray...I don't need to say anything here. This has made my day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here