Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "well done Palace" thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a load of old tosh! If Palace offered free train travel with the same radius don't you think we'd sell out as well!

No. Anyway, it's not 'free', it's part of the cost of the ticket. And your capacity is lower anyway so you damn well should be selling out - not done the maths but I'd guess per capita your catchment area is massively bigger

Or perhaps it's because you're the only club within a massive catchment area? No thought not, perhaps its all the premier league supporting floaters that's boosted you from 6k at the Withdean to the current att average
Take away the free travel and you'd be 10-15k

Really ? Why ?

My mate said V Blackpool there was never 27k so do Brighton still inc all the non shows in their Att figure ???:rave:

Think all teams do this - a S/T is a sold ticket

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Considering that your Premiership crowds are largely made up of Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/Man Utd and Liverpool fans wanting to see their heroes in action.

:amex:

Yes and yours is full of Yeovil, Huddersfield and Wigan fans wanting to see the same. :)

As you are from LA, I will give you a bit of grace with my comments back.

Do you really think we would reduce our attendance by over 10-15k if we stopped subsidised travel ?, then you are seriously deluded.

That's something time will tell, the main thing is we're premier league you are play off fodder :lolol:

Your catchment area is bigger than ours, fact and confirmed by your chairmen, then one with the funny hair
Agree, about 25-26k in for the Blackpool games as we quote tickets sold, so do you, so what is your point

Apart from that, good post.....

There you are Bobby didn't we have a bet last season? don't tell me you're not the same Bobby smith who posts on Palace pages?

I keep forgetting Bha are now one of the biggest and best supported clubs in the country :ffsparr::lolol: but still :yawn::bla:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That won't work either - we've already sold 22,000 season tickets for next (the fourth) season.

Fifth season syndrome, anyone?

Those ticket sales are highly commendable, but if I may, I'd like to share my theory with you all.

With the highest ratio of Barbour wearing, 4x4 driving customers in the country, I reckon lots of them can't be arsed to cancel the rolling direct debit of the season ticket. With an average 4000 or so non attendance of ST holders, they can pick and choose the big games, or when the weather is good.
The £40/50 coming out of the bank account each month is hardly noticed, that a nice bottle of plonk on a night out isn't it ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Those ticket sales are highly commendable, but if I may, I'd like to share my theory with you all.

With the highest ratio of Barbour wearing, 4x4 driving customers in the country, I reckon lots of them can't be arsed to cancel the rolling direct debit of the season ticket. With an average 4000 or so non attendance of ST holders, they can pick and choose the big games, or when the weather is good.
The £40/50 coming out of the bank account each month is hardly noticed, that a nice bottle of plonk on a night out isn't it ?

And your theory on the 11k fans you picked up since last season?

dandy

Jan 23, 2012
I do wish we would stop going on about the attendance figures as our away support truly reflects the hardcore support of the club, rather embarrassing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I do wish we would stop going on about the attendance figures as our away support truly reflects the hardcore support of the club, rather embarrassing.

Absolutely. Do you think you'll stay up with Pulis at the helm next season or should Palace be looking more longer term?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

You've had a good run fella (Selhurst Celtic) but it's over. :falmer: Now fark off back to the BBS.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Absolutely. Do you think you'll stay up with Pulis at the helm next season or should Palace be looking more longer term?

I actually think we'll find it hard to keep hold of Pulis. His stock has gone through the roof, and any bigger club than Palace that struggles next season in the Prem may brake the bank to get him, since Pulis seems to have the magical winning formula to keep teams up. Expectations will be greater next season, and teams will have wised up more to the way we play and show more respect. It will be harder in some ways, yet at same time we'll have the funds to strengthen the team. It will be easier to attract better players this summer compared to last. Norwich finished 11th last season, bought badly in the summer and are probably going down. Could easily happen to us.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I actually think we'll find it hard to keep hold of Pulis. His stock has gone through the roof, and any bigger club than Palace that struggles next season in the Prem may brake the bank to get him, since Pulis seems to have the magical winning formula to keep teams up. Expectations will be greater next season, and teams will have wised up more to the way we play and show more respect. It will be harder in some ways, yet at same time we'll have the funds to strengthen the team. It will be easier to attract better players this summer compared to last. Norwich finished 11th last season, bought badly in the summer and are probably going down. Could easily happen to us.

Spot on

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The 'well done Palace' thread should be YANKED now------------------weeks too fecking late.
Personally I've had a gut-full of all this bollox love in.
The avatars of most of them is enough for me to seek them out and deliver a clout in the mouth------------------with GREAT RELISH.
Unfortunately we allow them to INFEST NSC.

Golfboy

Nov 15, 2012
I'm amazed you kids want to keep trying to insult Palace fans but as it is, just for you. We've secured our second season in the premiership 3 games from the end and have two players who got into the premiership team of the season.

These two players - are they the only two from Palace who would get into Brightons side? Or are they a couple from the rest who are not good enough to grace the Amex?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
There you are Bobby didn't we have a bet last season? don't tell me you're not the same Bobby smith who posts on Palace pages?

I keep forgetting Bha are now one of the biggest and best supported clubs in the country :ffsparr::lolol: but still :yawn::bla:

I can assure you that i did not have a bet with you as i do not know who you are and no, I am not a poster on your message board, think I have viewed a link there a couple of times and then got worried that my ISP would be tracked and receive a knock on the door by the authorities, so got off pretty quick Think you will
Find there is a few Bobby Smiths on here as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here