Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
i fear the silent majority in this case will come out in favour of remaining. this is why focus on the fear of leaving rather than the benefits of staying, to work on this group.

True, which is probably why Vote Leave is now using the same tactic. At least they have some hard data rather than dubious predictions.

Revealed: Free movement of criminals is a risk to our security
March 29, 2016
Vote Leave is today publishing a dossier which shows how the free movement of criminals across the EU puts British families in danger. Every EU citizen has a right to enter the UK under EU law. But EU law does not require other EU member states to inform the UK on a systematic basis of the criminal records of their nationals, creating an effective right of free movement for criminals.

While all murderers convicted in the UK are subject to supervision for the remainder of their life on release, this does not apply to those convicted of murder in other EU member states, to whom no effective supervision requirements apply.

Dossier of 50 most dangerous EU citizens allowed in UK
45 went on to commit serious offences in the UK, including murder & rape
Unamended EU law means free movement for criminals

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/revealed_free_movement_of_criminals_is_a_risk_to_our_security

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
True, which is probably why Vote Leave is now using the same tactic. At least they have some hard data rather than dubious predictions.

March 29, 2016
Vote Leave is today publishing a dossier which shows how the free movement of criminals across the EU puts British families in danger. Every EU citizen has a right to enter the UK under EU law. But EU law does not require other EU member states to inform the UK on a systematic basis of the criminal records of their nationals, creating an effective right of free movement for criminals.

While all murderers convicted in the UK are subject to supervision for the remainder of their life on release, this does not apply to those convicted of murder in other EU member states, to whom no effective supervision requirements apply.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/revealed_free_movement_of_criminals_is_a_risk_to_our_security
Exactly.

Project Fear remains Project Fear.

Project Fantasy has morphed into Project Fear and Fantasy.

:lolol:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

March 29, 2016

Particularly grim turn here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A huge surge in support for the Leave campaign. Remain down 5 points and Leave up 5 points in just a month. Remain now only 8 points ahead but according to the head of IpsosMori that lead is only 2 points if you factor in voter turnout.

[tweet]714775883823841280[/tweet]

And I think this poll came before the recent Brussels attacks. It's gonna be a close call.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Project fear:

Greece will default on its loans and when it eventually leaves the Euro, Portugal and Italy will be next. The EU will use central finances to bail them out, and it will cost the UK billions every year. This will continue until the Euro is abandoned. The UK will suffer greatly. The only way to protect the UK from this predictable disaster is to leave the EU. Leave the EU, or die of starvation.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
:eek: im fully out and the more the merrier etc etc…………but for such a massive issue that’s a daft bit of reasoning to base your decision on that. Are they really that blinkered?
I agree with you but some of them yes, a lot of people disillusioned with our main parties at the moment and want change wherever it comes from.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Generally, I find ballot papers TL;DR, so I'll probably just put a cross in the first box down from the top.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Project Fear vs Project Fear and Fantasy.

Whatever happens the sun still goes up the next day.

Pretty much every article is biased and following an agenda in some way and can be discounted for this. Difficult to get the information to vote with the head, so it'll be the heart and where the pen lands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No, you try looking at an atlas. In saying that the EU border was being moved from Greece to Syria IDS was attempting to mislead. He should have said 'Greece to Turkey' but presumably couldn't resist throwing in the toxic word 'Syria'. In fact he shouldn't have said it at all because he was attempting to conflate visa-free travel (which I don't think has been confirmed yet) with EU membership.

I have made it as simple as I can for you. Look at the picture and find a bit of it called Turkey.If Turkey joins the EU then the bit underneath Turkey called Syria is on the border of the EU eu.png

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I agree with you but some of them yes, a lot of people disillusioned with our main parties at the moment and want change wherever it comes from.

And I agree with what you say. The Leave campaign taps into the moment's anti-establishment spirit... Corbyn, Trump, Brexit, UKIP, minor parties across the west... the rise of them all is a sign of the same two-fingers-up philosophy, and I'm not saying that they're comparable in other ways.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I have made it as simple as I can for you. Look at the picture and find a bit of it called Turkey.If Turkey joins the EU then the bit underneath Turkey called Syria is on the border of the EUView attachment 73317

Oh dear, this has got to be explained line-by-line. When IDS said (as he did, correctly) that the EU's south eastern border is presently Greece, he was doing so on the basis that Greece is the last country in the EU if you head in that direction. If he then wanted to suggest (as he did, incorrectly) that Turkey was months away from becoming a part of the EU, then he should have said that the EU's south eastern border will in future be Turkey. IE: "The EU's border is moving from Greece to Turkey." But he didn't say that. In an effort to frighten as many people as possible he said: "The EU's border is moving from Greece to Syria", a daft comment that doesn't compare like with like.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why?Is your passport photo that ridiculous?

Just suppose my passport photo was ridiculous, why on earth do you think this might inconvenience me?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Particularly grim turn here.

Mmmmmm ... lets hope they don't mention the thousands of EU nationals currently imprisoned in the UK at horrendous cost (emotional, physical and financial) then.

Foreign Nationals make up approx 12% of the prison population, not all EU citizens obviously.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Mmmmmm ... lets hope they don't mention the thousands of EU nationals currently imprisoned in the UK at horrendous cost (emotional, physical and financial) then.

Foreign Nationals make up approx 12% of the prison population, not all EU citizens obviously.

That would have been a better point to lead off on with regards to crime, perhaps we can agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here