Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The UK is a pretty miserable country at the moment if I am honest with you. It's not the same as it was 20 years ago, so we need to remove the components that are adding to this misery, one of these is the EU. The worst case scenario for this country is we end up staying in the EU and also end up with a Labour & SNP government.

Agreed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another reason to leave.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Come on Soulman, lighten up, that was quite funny. Who said the Germans have no sense of humour?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Come on Soulman, lighten up, that was quite funny. Who said the Germans have no sense of humour?
It was amusing yes..... but actually it probably more accurately reflects the wholly inaccurate view that they have of what makes us tick over here.....

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Crack on then.
You carry on with advancing Turkey into the EU club.What could possibly go wrong.

Its actually the best news possible for the OUT campaign.As my EU loving mate says "Turkey coming in will turn my vote"

Worried about Turkey when half a million are here already? That will turn your vote? Locking the door when the horse has bolted! Really is nonsensical to worry about Turkey when we already have thousands here and the economic disaster of leaving is a much bigger issue. Even if Turkey were given access to schengen they still couldn't come here. As for that 'turning your vote' I think you've been an outer since Farage started spouting his vomit, or maybe long before that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Worried about Turkey when half a million are here already? That will turn your vote? Locking the door when the horse has bolted! Really is nonsensical to worry about Turkey when we already have thousands here. Even if they were in schengen they still couldn't come here. As for that 'turning your vote' I think you've been an outer since Farage started spouting his vomit.
5 million in Germany already...very worrying that a country which is only 3% in Europe will be allowed to join.It seems like the EU have some sort of agenda and maybe they want countries from the Middle East to join in years to come as we're expanding at a rate of knots.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Worried about Turkey when half a million are here already? That will turn your vote? Locking the door when the horse has bolted! Really is nonsensical to worry about Turkey when we already have thousands here and the economic disaster of leaving is a much bigger issue. Even if Turkey were given access to schengen they still couldn't come here. As for that 'turning your vote' I think you've been an outer since Farage started spouting his vomit, or maybe long before that.

Just a few hours ago. Plenty will be worried if Turkey join, which after the deals struck in the last couple of days will fast track them in.

"Istanbul: 5 Killed, 36 Injured After Explosion on Pedestrian Street in Turkey, City's Governor Says
At least five were killed after a suicide bomber hit Istiklal Avenue in Istanbul, Governor Vasip Şahin said. The Kurdistan Workers Party may have been responsible, a Turkish official told Reuters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Even if Turkey were given access to schengen they still couldn't come here.

er, yes they can. just have to be waved through passport controls, like every other EU citizen.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
er, yes they can. just have to be waved through passport controls, like every other EU citizen.

No Visa for schengen only. Not for non schengen. And as I said there are millions on Turks in Europe already. It's a tiny teeny side issue next to the economical disaster of leaving the EU. But you carry on with your fear of Turks.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No Visa for schengen only. Not for non schengen. And as I said there are millions on Turks in Europe already. It's a tiny teeny side issue next to the economical disaster of leaving the EU. But you carry on with your fear of Turks.
If Iraq and Afghanistan joined the EU it wouldn't bother you.... let's be honest:lolol::lolol:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Hi, exactly, this is why I'm voting to stay in, the environmental protections the EU provides, their continuous willingness to challenge member states in court, and the extensive grant-making they make to environmental causes, are all huge positives for the environment in the most densely populated part of the world.

My problem with this kind of argument against staying in isn't because I think the EU are in any way wrong to have these kind of laws, but because it's an argument based on laws you like. What happens if the EU issues laws that you don't like? Does that make them worth leaving in that case?

There's no law the EU can enforce that we wouldn't be able to create ourselves anyway. A much better argument for staying in is the cooperation in science and the universities. That would be much harder for the UK to make happen by ourselves. But environmental laws? We could do that on our own.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most what?

It's just a fear of foreigners vrs Economic benefits and that is all this crap has ever been about.
I just don't think the fear or foreigners is worth the Economic disaster.
But hey I don't think this thread is going to change anyone's mind.
It's not a fear of foreigners although the country being swamped by highly relgious people will only cause problems in the future for a not very religious country.In general it's a fear of over populating the country to quickly with no strategy or infrastructure.

If you believe in the chaps from Brussels to change Europe for the better then that's your opinion....but it's clearly getting worse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And as I said there are millions on Turks in Europe already.

Quite. And they've been here since the 60s and not caused any issues. They even invented the doner kebab on European soil FFS.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Quite. And they've been here since the 60s and not caused any issues. They even invented the doner kebab on European soil FFS.
Plenty of ignorance concerning Turkey here. Even with their more recent political history they are by far the most moderate Muslim nation in the world and have no truck with ISIS. I would venture there are more ISIS supporters in this country than in Turkey.

That said Turkish membership of the EU is a very long way off and probably never going to happen with the increasing authoritarianism of their Government, and the fact that Cyprus at least would always veto their membership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here