Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Tunnel Club (Part 2).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know a thread already exists on the recent building work to construct the new hospitatlity area, (presumably finished now), but l have been unable to find it, so mods please merge if necessary.

I was simply wondering if any pics exist of how the area around the tunnel and dug out areas look now. Curious as to what my view of it will be from my seat in the Lower West when l return for the Arsenal game on New Year's Eve.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A friend’s son has been working on the upper West steels, pic from yesterday. One workman did manage to get Ulloa’s penalty miss against Boro ball down from the roof too.

7C5B4B63-0CE7-460D-BB4D-54E71D0B03FE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I went on a Stadium tour a few weeks back - an Xmas present for my lad from pre covid which was due to expire. If memory serves, they are just making a start on it now, this won't complete until the Summer, so it won't be complete by any stretch. They appear to be digging down given the massive piles of chalk around the place.

I've got some pictures from early December somewhere if needs be.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A swathe of seats in W1D (behind the away dugout) had been removed to give access for the works.

Supposedly the tunnel lounge will have a glass wall to see through into the tunnel.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IMO it's a shame the club is spending a small fortune (which they will no doubt recoup so I get it) on something for a few well heeled fans rather than concentrating minds (and maybe spending a bit of money) on improving the transport to/from the stadium on match days, which seems to be constantly brushed under the carpet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
IMO it's a shame the club is spending a small fortune (which they will no doubt recoup so I get it) on something for a few well heeled fans rather than concentrating minds (and maybe spending a bit of money) on improving the transport to/from the stadium on match days, which seems to be constantly brushed under the carpet.
Sadly if money is to be made, then nothing else matters.

Welcome to the modern world.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good question for a forum...

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
A swathe of seats in W1D (behind the away dugout) had been removed to give access for the works.
They shuffled the seats closer together to get 'extras' in previously in that (our) area, when they put our seats back they had better not shuffle them up even closer together to get this tunnel in.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Im guessing the end result will be similar to Spurs new stadium where you can see the players walking through the tunnel.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m sure both can be worked on at the same time but not sure why they shouldn’t improve the stadium just because the bendy buses have been de commissioned by the bus company and the railway workers are on strike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here