Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Traitors - BBC

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ant doesn't impress me. Like Jaz, he's got the measure of Paul, but he talks bollocks around it. Rather than saying "Why wasn't Paul murdered instead of Meg? He's playing everyone", he starts off saying it and then saying in a very mealy mouthed way "Paul is either a traitor, or a faithful". Insightful stuff.

The remaining traitors are playing this nicely now. The three they picked for murdering are all very good calls. Perhaps I would have said Charlie rather than Diane, but the other two are so harmlessly under the radar and unformidable at this point that they are easy pickings. Obviously Charlotte should stay for the benefit of us chaps watching.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ant doesn't impress me. Like Jaz, he's got the measure of Paul, but he talks bollocks around it. Rather than saying "Why wasn't Paul murdered instead of Meg? He's playing everyone", he starts off saying it and then saying in a very mealy mouthed way "Paul is either a traitor, or a faithful". Insightful stuff.

The remaining traitors are playing this nicely now. The three they picked for murdering are all very good calls. Perhaps I would have said Charlie rather than Diane, but the other two are so harmlessly under the radar and unformidable at this point that they are easy pickings. Obviously Charlotte should stay for the benefit of us chaps watching.
I think Charlotte may be on a different boat from you.

The psychic is as much a medium as I am!

Paul is so obvious but he will kill before he is banished.

Russ should have a target on his back as he is so spectacularly wrong on his very confidently delivered statements at the round table

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny watching Paul as he's been on the Chatabix podcast for a few years now (Joe Wilkinson and David Earl). He came on as a random person to talk about his experiences as a contestant on deal or no deal. Basically he can tell quite the tale and has had 4 episodes and they still haven't finished his story about how he got on. He then was on this Christmas' special with lots of regular guests. In one of the episodes they told him about traitors show and said he should apply and there you have it. Chatabix has been a glorious listen as they release episodes each day a traitors has aired for their reactions.

I get him winding up some but he's playing a game. Probably overthinking it and that will be his eventual downfall.
Thanks for the recommend - already listen to My New Football Club and never got round to Chatabix - this was a good way in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Paul thinks too much of himself and will happily throw Harry under the bus. I think Miles will play it cool, and if the faithfuls get rid of Paul, I can see Miles winning.
Yup - don't like how much Harry seems to look up to Paul - could be his downfall.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
It shows the brilliance of the show that there are at least three people, probably more, who know Paul is a traitor but for reasons of self-preservation don't want to say it out loud. Fascinating stuff.

Although I think I disagree with the theory they're all afraid of that says any person who accuses Paul will be binned by him that night. I actually think the opposite is true and anyone who accuses him outright would be untouchable on the basis it would just be too obvious for him to then eliminate them.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Paul is very fortunate there are so many faithfuls far more concerned with just blending/staying in at all costs than applying their own independent thinking on who’s likely to be a traitor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also think "Paul is really popular" has become a bit of a truism, almost emperor's new clothes now, as a lot of people who say it don't seem to massively like him, and there's plenty of them.

The Downfall of Paul will be great TV to witness, if it comes.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

I actually think Jaz is playing it very smartly. He absolutely has the measure of Paul but knows that if he makes too much noise at this stage then Paul will ensure he gets murdered. By telling people that if he gets murdered as he tries to influence more people then it will prove Paul is a traitor is a smart move. Jaz is biding his time to try and influence more people because Paul is so popular.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm really enjoying this series. I like Paul, he's been the perfect cartoon villain but sadly for him he is on borrowed time now. I'm #teamtraitor and I have been impressed with how well Harry has adapted and is now the alpha traitor in my view. I think both Harry and Miles (who is also playing a blinder) will go far. I'd be stunned if Paul makes it out of next week if he doesn't go tonight.

It's a fascinating show and the producers have done a good job of freshening it up from S1.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I actually think Jaz is playing it very smartly. He absolutely has the measure of Paul but knows that if he makes too much noise at this stage then Paul will ensure he gets murdered. By telling people that if he gets murdered as he tries to influence more people then it will prove Paul is a traitor is a smart move. Jaz is biding his time to try and influence more people because Paul is so popular.
Thing is, in a way, if you think someone is a Traitor you absolutely should make a big song and dance about it, as then it makes it harder for them to eliminate you without outing themselves as a Traitor.

No?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Thing is, in a way, if you think someone is a Traitor you absolutely should make a big song and dance about it, as then it makes it harder for them to eliminate you without outing themselves as a Traitor.

No?
True indeed, but others are failing to catch on because they all love Paul, so he would currently be in the minority at the round table and would ultimately be sacrificing himself to be banished if Paul decides he needs to get rid before others do start catching on. Having said that, I agree with you that while at the round table Jaz should state his case and then openly say to everyone that if he does get murdered then it will prove to everyone else that Paul is a traitor, leaving Paul powerless to act !

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
True indeed, but others are failing to catch on because they all love Paul, so he would currently be in the minority at the round table and would ultimately be sacrificing himself to be banished if Paul decides he needs to get rid before others do start catching on. Having said that, I agree with you that while at the round table Jaz should state his case and then openly say to everyone that if he does get murdered then it will prove to everyone else that Paul is a traitor, leaving Paul powerless to act !
The problem with that of course is that if paul wasnt a traitor, any traitor would kill jaz to then focus pressure on paul.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem with that of course is that if paul wasnt a traitor, any traitor would kill jaz to then focus pressure on paul.
Double triple quadruple bluffing.

This is the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Given how easy it appears to be to get it so badly wrong at the round table, I think if I was a faithful I would be concentrating on voting off the ones who were not team players and/or crap at the tasks rather than actively trying to work out who the traitors are.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given how easy it appears to be to get it so badly wrong at the round table, I think if I was a faithful I would be concentrating on voting off the ones who were not team players and/or crap at the tasks rather than actively trying to work out who the traitors are.
Yep get the cash and concentrate on the Traitors when the field thins. Good tactic

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's definitely a popularity contest to an extent - some get voted off for frankly being a little too odd.

The way to last the course as a Faithful seems to be to not be too anything, i.e;

Not too shy
Not too loud
Not too opinionated
Not too weird

Tick along, be sociable, and appear quite gullible (I'm thinking Meryl and Hannah from last year - Meryl never had any idea who any of the Traitors were, and she won!)

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Harry had the perfect opportunity last night to shaft Paul Paul had not been told that Jaz was saying he was a traitor and if he goes then it is Paul. Harry shouldve gotten Miles onboard with not mentioning it at the traitor meeting and killing Jaz.. Boom! Paul in firing line leaving those two fairly under the radar to continue. But.... loyal Harry eh..

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Harry had the perfect opportunity last night to shaft Paul Paul had not been told that Jaz was saying he was a traitor and if he goes then it is Paul. Harry shouldve gotten Miles onboard with not mentioning it at the traitor meeting and killing Jaz.. Boom! Paul in firing line leaving those two fairly under the radar to continue. But.... loyal Harry eh..
At least I can watch this without you and my missus chatting away together on Twitter like you do with masked singer :ROFLMAO:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's definitely a popularity contest to an extent - some get voted off for frankly being a little too odd.

The way to last the course as a Faithful seems to be to not be too anything, i.e;

Not too shy
Not too loud
Not too opinionated
Not too weird

Tick along, be sociable, and appear quite gullible (I'm thinking Meryl and Hannah from last year - Meryl never had any idea who any of the Traitors were, and she won!)
They only won because Kieron threw Wilf under the bus at the last. They suddenly realised what was going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here