Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Traitors - BBC

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It is quite addictive in terms of the back-biting and skullduggery. The thing I dont think works very well is where they do various tasks to increase the money in the prize pot - all seems a bit pointless. They should just have a fixed prize and shorten the whole episode.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It is quite addictive in terms of the back-biting and skullduggery. The thing I dont think works very well is where they do various tasks to increase the money in the prize pot - all seems a bit pointless. They should just have a fixed prize and shorten the whole episode.
I'd agree with that. That aspect feels somewhat padded out.

The OTHER bit I wish they showed was a reveal to those who were killed/banished of "Here's who the traitors are".

Mainly because I wanted to see the look on someones face (I wont spoil it for others) when he finds out the person he was basically shouting "you are the traitor!!" at wasn't.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it started off very well, but is tailing off badly IMHO. The changing around the format is bloody annoying - sometimes you see who's banished, sometimes you don't etc.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
it started off very well, but is tailing off badly IMHO. The changing around the format is bloody annoying - sometimes you see who's banished, sometimes you don't etc.
I might have misunderstood but do you mean sometimes they show it at the end of the episode and sometimes they leave it as a teaser for the start of the next one?

I think every episode has seen at least one person go?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd agree with that. That aspect feels somewhat padded out.

The OTHER bit I wish they showed was a reveal to those who were killed/banished of "Here's who the traitors are".

Mainly because I wanted to see the look on someones face (I wont spoil it for others) when he finds out the person he was basically shouting "you are the traitor!!" at wasn't.
They are told either by the person being banished, or by Claudia from the ones who are ‘murdered’.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Overall like it..but the crying and hissy fits get me. It makes it unwatchable at times.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They are told either by the person being banished, or by Claudia from the ones who are ‘murdered’.
Again, might be me being thick and misunderstanding but what do you mean? We don't get to see footage of anyone exiting the game finding out who the traitors were after they have left. I think seeing their reaction would be amusing

Ie when you see the person who has been murdered open the letter, I'd expect it to maybe list the names of who the traitors are.

And when a person is banished I'd expect an 'exit interview' with them where they are told who the traitors are

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don’t mind that they give them tasks to earn prize money - the dynamic of people who have been plotting against each other, having to work together is potentially interesting. What I really don’t get, is when they split into two teams, and go head to head, to win prize money that is all going in the same pot anyway :shrug:

The addiction of the immunity shield last night at least gave some point to the contest.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I rarely watch TV but happened upon this last week and my lovely wife and I are hooked on it. As a social experiment its great, a bit like the first BB. The tasks are a bit pointless and are to pad it out but the whole psychological aspect of it is great. I think theyve got the mix of contestants right. Its Lord of the Flies for the 21st century.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
i watched it reluctantly with the missus but quite enjoy it. I disagree re the tasks as I think it is interesting to see people who have to support each other during the day rip the shit out of each other in the evening. Why is it that I’m on the side of the traitors?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think Ivan’s witty rejoinder, “That was your flourish, now here is the prestige…that was not my card”, aimed towards the self-proclaimed top tier magician is my TV highlight of the year.

I’ll have to try to find one of his books. What a wordsmith.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
i watched it reluctantly with the missus but quite enjoy it. I disagree re the tasks as I think it is interesting to see people who have to support each other during the day rip the shit out of each other in the evening. Why is it that I’m on the side of the traitors?
I am backing the traitors too and think it is for a few reasons. Mainly, they didn’t ask to be a traitor and are doing what they have to do to survive in the game. It is not as if they actually chose to plot against the other contestants. Also, they appear to be doing it in a more convivial way than the traitor hunters such as Alex, Hannah and Maddy.

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
88457C80-A8BD-4CFA-A108-E83A35BB0F37.jpeg

I think this show is based around this card game. I first played it at a massive dining table in a Herefordshire country house, with booze flowing, for a mates 40th birthday weekend. What great fun! The more players the better. There were over 20 of us at the start of the game. Didn’t really matter to those who were knocked out early because they just enjoyed watching the whole role playing unravel. I’ll leave it to you lot to Google the game, premise and rules.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I rarely watch TV but happened upon this last week and my lovely wife and I are hooked on it. As a social experiment its great, a bit like the first BB. The tasks are a bit pointless and are to pad it out but the whole psychological aspect of it is great. I think theyve got the mix of contestants right. Its Lord of the Flies for the 21st century.
Absolutely 100%. The key to the programme is that they have gone for mostly normal people. It feels like a real social experiment like, as you say, Big Brother 1.

If the show was full of 23 year old Love Islanders then it wouldn't be even remotely enjoyable. I think Alex was the only one who was a 'Content maker' (social media) and her bizarre magician man who I imagine is on the socials. The rest seemed pretty relateable.

I'd also add myself to 100% being on Team Traitor. Last nights episode with the traitor backstabbing was BRILLIANT tv. At first I thought he was mad........and then I thought he was a genius for doing it.

I also think we are enough episodes in to not worry about spoilers from old episodes. So I'm happy to declare how much I despised John and laughed my head off when he was murdered. I just wish we got to see him find out that Aaron wasn't a traitor as he so happily shouted in his face because Aaron was "suspicious because he asked me about my job" and then said things like "what a performance" when Aaron got visibly upset and clearly didn't like being shouted at for daring to be nice. Idiot.

Yoda

English & European
Not watched any of it but when I first saw the advert for it my initial thought was "It's just a real life version of Among Us!"

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watched ep1 and found it all very 'false' as though at the end of it all we're going to be told it was all unreal or something. The cast seem very very close for a group who had never met until that train journey and yet by the end of the day they all knew each other by name with hugs all round. Only watched it as every BBC radio & TV show are saying how good it is, doubt that they've watched it though. May watch ep2 but I doubt I'll go any further.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely 100%. The key to the programme is that they have gone for mostly normal people. It feels like a real social experiment like, as you say, Big Brother 1.

If the show was full of 23 year old Love Islanders then it wouldn't be even remotely enjoyable. I think Alex was the only one who was a 'Content maker' (social media) and her bizarre magician man who I imagine is on the socials. The rest seemed pretty relateable.

I'd also add myself to 100% being on Team Traitor. Last nights episode with the traitor backstabbing was BRILLIANT tv. At first I thought he was mad........and then I thought he was a genius for doing it.

I also think we are enough episodes in to not worry about spoilers from old episodes. So I'm happy to declare how much I despised John and laughed my head off when he was murdered. I just wish we got to see him find out that Aaron wasn't a traitor as he so happily shouted in his face because Aaron was "suspicious because he asked me about my job" and then said things like "what a performance" when Aaron got visibly upset and clearly didn't like being shouted at for daring to be nice. Idiot.
Massive THIS.

John was a nasty, spiteful tosspot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here