Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Swan

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Two of us walked through the village last week, one of me in colours. One of the villagers was painting her hut and when asked she politely and courteously directed us to the footbridge. So no problem walking through the village here.
I don’t think you can legally stop someone walking the public highway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if you are wearing colors they wont let you through the village
I don't think you can legally stop someone walking the public highway.
You can't, unless it's a cordoned off crime scene!
That
Some of these stewards like to think they have 'power' when in fact they don't! Feel free to walk the footbridge and around the pond. :)
They presumably can't (legally) stop you driving into the village to park either, but presumably the club have agreed to these 'rules' and we should follow them (particularly if we want to be given planning permission for extra seats).

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Yes,I can confrim last week as I left the Swan pub that there were stewards stopping you going over the footbridge towards the village and pond and they were directing us to walk back past the pub towards Sussex Uni and over the busy road bridge over the A27!

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
You can't, unless it's a cordoned off crime scene! Some of these stewards like to think they have 'power' when in fact they don't! Feel free to walk the footbridge and around the pond. :)

Indeed, we shall be walking this way, nothing the stewards can do about it

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Confirmation received re. footbridge :-

" Nick,

You are absolutely right. There is a traffic order stopping vehicles going into Falmer village, but no order stopping fans walking through the village. BHAFC have agreed with Falmer Parish council to discourage Brighton fans walking through the village. Stewards will ask you to go the other route but have no legal power to physically stop pedestrians from using that route.

I hope this assists

Kind regards

Pc Darren Balkham "

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Confirmation received re. footbridge :-

" Nick,

You are absolutely right. There is a traffic order stopping vehicles going into Falmer village, but no order stopping fans walking through the village. BHAFC have agreed with Falmer Parish council to discourage Brighton fans walking through the village. Stewards will ask you to go the other route but have no legal power to physically stop pedestrians from using that route.

I hope this assists

Kind regards

Pc Darren Balkham "

Definately sounds like another Snakey Lane situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here