Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Streets, When You Wasnt Famous

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Has anybody any idea who Mike Skinner wrote this track about?

My guess is Rachal Stevens :lolol:

Rachal Stevens off her face on crack :p

Now there is a story :smokin:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Les Biehn said:
The Streets are big poo.

i am not raising the debate if the Streets are shite or not but that track is written about some female singer who he had a fling with who clearly likes to induldge in a few class A's :eek:

Just intrigued to know who it is???

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Digweed said:
couldn't care less. it's a complete pile of shit as is the rest of the garbage that he 'sings'

:wave:

It came on the radio while I was stuck in traffic the other day in the High Street. Punching the stereo and shouting 'f*** off you talentless xxxx' wasn't what the elderly bus queue right next to my open window were expecting.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Digweed said:
couldn't care less. it's a complete pile of shit as is the rest of the garbage that he 'sings'

:bowdown:

The voice of reason. As compared to the voice of Burberry and 45-degree inclined caps.

E

enigma

Haha talentless is he? I think not. Try original and groundbreaking.

I see you come up with the same snobby bollocks again MYOB.

Never midn, you lot probably all listen to whichever Indie band is getting bigged up in NME this month. Respect. :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
enigma said:
Haha talentless is he? I think not. Try original and groundbreaking.

I see you come up with the same snobby bollocks again MYOB.

Never midn, you lot probably all listen to whichever Indie band is getting bigged up in NME this month. Respect. :lolol:

I'm sorry, he's done nothing original or groundbreaking, both of those define something thats not been done before. Randomly gibbering out thoughts in a vaguely story related process has been done by old people in nursing homes for years, probably 50 or more.

I don't see how pure fact is snobbery. I wouldn't want to go within 50 meters of his Irish fanbase, any single one of them.

And no, I won't be. Whoever the music press is wanking over is usually shit. Funnily enough, Hot Press here were wetting themselves over a two part interview with Mike Skinner.

E

enigma

MYOB said:
I'm sorry, he's done nothing original or groundbreaking, both of those define something thats not been done before. Randomly gibbering out thoughts in a vaguely story related process has been done by old people in nursing homes for years, probably 50 or more.

I don't see how pure fact is snobbery. I wouldn't want to go within 50 meters of his Irish fanbase, any single one of them.

And no, I won't be. Whoever the music press is wanking over is usually shit. Funnily enough, Hot Press here were wetting themselves over a two part interview with Mike Skinner.

Randomly gibbering out thoughts? You really know nothing about hip-hop music or related genres do you. Name one artist that sounds the same as him, either in flow/rhyming style or lyrics. Name one artist that uses similar beats/ production style.Name one artist that has made the variety of material he has from Dry Your Eyes (which I personally dont like) to some of the more garage-influenced numbers like Turn the Page. I'll give you a day and I'll bet you can't find anyone.

And as for pure fact...you're a plum.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Indeed, the lyrics in original pirate material are absolute class and although they may not represent the day to day activities of the regular NSC'er they make a great listen-try listening to 'weak become heroes' next time you're feeling slightly nostalgic or wack on 'stayin positive' next time you're in a bitter mood.......

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've been listening to his new album a lot over the past few days and can cofnirm that he is still class, I wasn't 100% sure about the latest stuff but after now having listened a few times there's some great tunes and superb lyrics.

Highly recommended album. Regardless of genre and style of music I rate him, its not the normal style of music I would choose to listen to but when someone is doing sometihng that is definitely different it makes it so much more interesting and the streets are interesting.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
MYOB said:

Oh do grow up. You sound like some 15 year old nerd. Just because an act is liked by the press it doesn't make them crap. He's not the messiah (he's a very naughty boy), but he does make music that is a bit different to most of the "product" knocking around the charts.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Voroshilov said:
Oh do grow up. You sound like some 15 year old nerd. Just because an act is liked by the press it doesn't make them crap. He's not the messiah (he's a very naughty boy), but he does make music that is a bit different to most of the "product" knocking around the charts.

Music?!

So pressing 'rythm 7c' on his yamaha drum machine then talking about a wet dream he'd had the night before is now music is it?

Christ, if its that easy i'm going to give up the day job..

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
For the first year or so I expected him to turn round at some point and say he was just taking the piss to prove how easy it was to make money in the music industry.

I still think he would have done if he hadn't got a bit too used to the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here