[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Surprising that none of the people who want to use a ticket would be a member and that £25 is beyond them all. Not in reasonable of the club to want to know whi's coming to the ground.

In addition to it not being unreasonable, it is likely that we are going to see a lot of restrictions that aren't life altering stay for a while after society opens back up. Contact tracing is probably going to be the most obvious of these and, to me, the club are protecting themselves for a likelihood at worst here (it is implied in the FAQs that this is the case).

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Not upgrading. If I cant go to one game and want to give to neighbour it will cost me £20 to allow me to pass ticket on and my neighbour will have to pay £25 to become a member Just strange will be cheaper to have an empty seat.

Correct. Worse than it is now.

We’ll simply end up having a Season Ticket Share sub-board on here where STHs can connect to MyAlbion+ members, add each other as F&F, and away we go. Won’t even need to know if the recipient is trustworthy or not, that will be the clUb’s problem.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not upgrading. If I cant go to one game and want to give to neighbour it will cost me £20 to allow me to pass ticket on and my neighbour will have to pay £25 to become a member Just strange will be cheaper to have an empty seat.

Not really Draconian though is it? What used to be a breach of the t&c and current health regulations now has an officially sanctioned and 'legal' route.

Both the £20 to you and £25 to the other 'fan' are one-off payments and the £25 ensures the club have accurate id details - to comply themselves with the law - and have a means of sanction against bad behaviour, however small, and the £20 to you will barely cover the admin costs associated with a season's worth of changes.

I know times are tough for many but really..? Ticket exchange options for less than the cost of one POTG match.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not really Draconian though is it? What used to be a breach of the t&c and current health regulations now has an officially sanctioned and 'legal' route.

Both the £20 to you and £25 to the other 'fan' are one-off payments and the £25 ensures the club have accurate id details - to comply themselves with the law - and have a means of sanction against bad behaviour, however small, and the £20 to you will barely cover the admin costs associated with a season's worth of changes.

I know times are tough for many but really..? Ticket exchange options for less than the cost of one POTG match.

For one season only - and then this facility is withdrawn.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

The £20 payment can also be done as part of your direct debit payments (as per clause 4.2 of the new T&Cs) which equates to an additional £1.66 a month on top of your current ST DD payment.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I would assume that if the health regulations/implications of covid (track & trace etc) continue into the season after, the club will continue with the scheme before reverting to turning a blind eye to t&c breaches (which we all know have few other implications) again.

It will likely continue officially past next season regardless. The below is from the T&Cs and imply that the club will continue with a different tact for the 2022/23 season.

4.5. The Club reserves the right to limit the number of Matches a Season Ticket Holder may exercise Ticket Sharing for their Season Ticket (for example, 9 Matches) and to limit the number of Guests a Season Ticket may be shared with (for example, with 4 MyAlbion+ Members). However, for the 2021/2022 Season you are entitled to Ticket Share in respect of each Match to which your Season Ticket applies and there will be no limit on the number of different Guests to whom you can share with. For example, your Season Ticket may be shared up to nineteen (19) times with nineteen (19) different MyAlbion+ Members.

It does give a legal alternative to just reverting back to the blind eye method which I'm sure will happen without issue once full crowds are back.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Surprising that none of the people who want to use a ticket would be a member and that £25 is beyond them all. Not unreasonable of the club to want to know who's coming to the ground.

I think you would be surprised at number of people who would like to go but cannot justify the cost. Many have Albion photos in accommodation. They have no complaints about this but certainly could not justify spending £25 just in case somebody offers them a ticket.
There is more to this then knowing who is attending as this is no problem in handing over for a small admin fee.
Maybe I am a little cynical but assuming just 10k would like to hand ticket to somebody occasionally plus many new MyAlbion members that is very nice additional income

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Having to pay an extra £25 and the recipient also having to pay £20 seems a bit much to me considering the seat has already been paid for. Pretty out of order really.

The club know that most STHs can’t make it to every game and, in a way, getting the seat filled is helping the club out - looks better, match day spend etc. Instead of recognising this reciprocal relationship, they slap a price tag on it and not a cheap one at that.

It will lead to more empty seats and quite a few giving their seat up. Kind of feels like being held to ransom a bit like “Yeah, you don’t have to come to every game, but if you don’t, you have to pay US if you want your mate to use YOUR ticket”. Seems like a bizarre practice.

I know someone who can’t make evening games, so he’s already losing about £28 3 times a season, why on earth would he pay (or be expected) to pay more on top of that for no benefit?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well a smart phone is something like an iPhone or equivalent. The default these days is for smart phones which is why not everyone prefixes it with the smart but using it in this thread to differentiate with older phones. Not sure the number of calls you make has any relevance but the age sure does. Doubt your phone will do what is needed to work with Albion tickets.

In Canada they are called cellphones. In Germany they are Handies. Apparently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having to pay an extra £25 and the recipient also having to pay £20 seems a bit much to me considering the seat has already been paid for. Pretty out of order really.

The club know that most STHs can’t make it to every game and, in a way, getting the seat filled is helping the club out - looks better, match day spend etc. Instead of recognising this reciprocal relationship, they slap a price tag on it and not a cheap one at that.

It will lead to more empty seats and quite a few giving their seat up. Kind of feels like being held to ransom a bit like “Yeah, you don’t have to come to every game, but if you don’t, you have to pay US if you want your mate to use YOUR ticket”. Seems like a bizarre practice.

I know someone who can’t make evening games, so he’s already losing about £28 3 times a season, why on earth would he pay (or be expected) to pay more on top of that for no benefit?

Maybe he shouldn't have a season ticket then - it's a decision most of us are faced with. We can get a season ticket but know that life might get in the way impacting our ability to attend some fixtures, or go a la carte and just buy tickets for games that we want to attend and can go to.

The club are making available two (maybe three) separate ways for STHs to make use of a ticket they might not otherwise be able to use for a fixture...

- Ticket exchange - the club attempt to re-sell the ticket and credit the bank account of the STH.
- Transfer. Pay a one-off fee to enable you to transfer your ticket as many times as you like to others.

Possibly a third:

- Upgrade - if the ticket is for a child, you can upgrade to an adult. I've put this as a possible as I've not looked at what is happening to this, in light of the requirement for a ticket to for a named individual with ID. Previously with upgrades, no details of the upgrades had to be provided.

I'm a bit of a loss as to how people can moan about this.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Kind of feels like being held to ransom a bit like “Yeah, you don’t have to come to every game, but if you don’t, you have to pay US if you want your mate to use YOUR ticket”. Seems like a bizarre practice.

But up until Covid hit, the above scenario was strictly forbidden under the t&c of Season Tickets ... so in reality the rule was really "If you come to the game or not, your mate will have to pay the full match day price!". We were just lucky that the club chose to turn a blind eye to some of the stupid post-Hillsborough regulations.

Because of covid, the club just cannot allow 'unknown' people into the ground so need to offer something. IMO they are also acknowledging that "ticket-sharing" will happen more for as long a covid remains a threat (albeit, hopefully, a decreasing one over the next year or two - I will still cite the fact that we have had a vaccine for measles for decades and still haven't actually eradicated it!).

There is frequently a problem when away fans are in with home supporters and so I don't think its unreasonable for the club to use MyAlbion membership as both a filter to ensure who gets the ticket is actually a BHA fan and also that attendance at games is a 'reward' for fans willing to support the club through the membership scheme.

The £25/season MyAlbion isn't exclusively for tickets, there are other benefits that, up to now have cost £25/season (not saying they are worth £25 just that this isn't an *additional* cost but a extra, free benefit to those already paying).

Yes, it would be great if I could just hand my ST card to a friend on friday and take it back on monday knowing that no-one was hurt, the club didn't lose out and the ground was full, but we can't do that any more... not because of the club but because of a nasty virus that's [still] killing people.

Get rid of the virus and everything that comes with that, and I have every faith that the club will go back to turning a blind eye to us bending/breaking the rules.

I think what the club have offered is proportionate and appropriate for the circumstances and am starting to see why PB thinks all fans want "something for nothing".

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
So then, it doesn’t sound as if anybody has seen or heard anything about how the club might treat STHs who can’t attend multiple games. Hopefully this means they’ll just be left alone rather than being punished further.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But up until Covid hit, the above scenario was strictly forbidden under the t&c of Season Tickets ... so in reality the rule was really "If you come to the game or not, your mate will have to pay the full match day price!". We were just lucky that the club chose to turn a blind eye to some of the stupid post-Hillsborough regulations.

Because of covid, the club just cannot allow 'unknown' people into the ground so need to offer something. IMO they are also acknowledging that "ticket-sharing" will happen more for as long a covid remains a threat (albeit, hopefully, a decreasing one over the next year or two - I will still cite the fact that we have had a vaccine for measles for decades and still haven't actually eradicated it!).

There is frequently a problem when away fans are in with home supporters and so I don't think its unreasonable for the club to use MyAlbion membership as both a filter to ensure who gets the ticket is actually a BHA fan and also that attendance at games is a 'reward' for fans willing to support the club through the membership scheme.

The £25/season MyAlbion isn't exclusively for tickets, there are other benefits that, up to now have cost £25/season (not saying they are worth £25 just that this isn't an *additional* cost but a extra, free benefit to those already paying).

Yes, it would be great if I could just hand my ST card to a friend on friday and take it back on monday knowing that no-one was hurt, the club didn't lose out and the ground was full, but we can't do that any more... not because of the club but because of a nasty virus that's [still] killing people.

Get rid of the virus and everything that comes with that, and I have every faith that the club will go back to turning a blind eye to us bending/breaking the rules.

I think what the club have offered is proportionate and appropriate for the circumstances and am starting to see why PB thinks all fans want "something for nothing".

Yes, all well and good but at the presentation when the season tickets were originally sold we were told the practice of sharing a ticket would be turned a blind eye to - so any "blame" for this practice hardly rests with those who saw this as an unofficial perk.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Maybe he shouldn't have a season ticket then - it's a decision most of us are faced with. We can get a season ticket but know that life might get in the way impacting our ability to attend some fixtures, or go a la carte and just buy tickets for games that we want to attend and can go to.

The club are making available two (maybe three) separate ways for STHs to make use of a ticket they might not otherwise be able to use for a fixture...

- Ticket exchange - the club attempt to re-sell the ticket and credit the bank account of the STH.
- Transfer. Pay a one-off fee to enable you to transfer your ticket as many times as you like to others.

Possibly a third:

- Upgrade - if the ticket is for a child, you can upgrade to an adult. I've put this as a possible as I've not looked at what is happening to this, in light of the requirement for a ticket to for a named individual with ID. Previously with upgrades, no details of the upgrades had to be provided.

I'm a bit of a loss as to how people can moan about this.

Because it makes a last season, simple free transaction(if you can`t go let a friend go) complicated and at a cost. I appreciate the covid thing. Do you think when covid is gone we will not have to show ID and will again be able to share tickets. We have three tickets and will renew this year and will have empty seat or seats to most games !!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So then, it doesn’t sound as if anybody has seen or heard anything about how the club might treat STHs who can’t attend multiple games. Hopefully this means they’ll just be left alone rather than being punished further.

I just can't see the club viewing this as a problem. They get the full ST price, have no additional admin costs and its not like point-farming at league cup games to get priority for day trips to Manchester, Liverpool or Croydon.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yes, all well and good but at the presentation when the season tickets were originally sold we were told the practice of sharing a ticket would be turned a blind eye to - so any "blame" for this practice hardly rests with those who saw this as an unofficial perk.

The key word there being UNOFFICIAL. We don't live in the same world we lived in 10 years ago.

The only scenario where you are genuinely out of pocket is if you were touting the ticket on a regular basis for closer to the match day price than the pro-rata price. And if that's why you are p1ssed at the club for doing this, then, in all honesty, tough sh1t.

If you really don't want to give the club the £20 for this facility but for some ungodly reason cannot bear to have your seat empty for a game, put your ticket on the exchange.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The key word there being UNOFFICIAL. We don't live in the same world we lived in 10 years ago.

The only scenario where you are genuinely out of pocket is if you were touting the ticket on a regular basis for closer to the match day price than the pro-rata price. And if that's why you are p1ssed at the club for doing this, then, in all honesty, tough sh1t.

If you really don't want to give the club the £20 for this facility but for some ungodly reason cannot bear to have your seat empty for a game, put your ticket on the exchange.
Woahhhhh....

A lot of accusations there ! None of which apply to me.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

I believe that I read earlier in this thread that it has always been a condition of sale (not a new condition, or a change, from this coming season) that the club has the right to cancel / withdraw any season ticket that does not show at least 25% attendance.

Looks like you are going to have to trawl this thread after all, or read through the T&Cs for the tickets on the club website, i'm afraid, because my memory is no better than that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Have no problem passing over details of person I have given ticket to.
I am just about to buy 4 tickets to a Sussex 20/20 game and I dont even know who I will be going with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports