Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/seasonticketsharing.html

Can someone clarify what they think the cost is for this?

a) Is it £20 once a season payment which lets you transfer your ticket to any of your friends and family?
b) Or is it a one-off £20 for each game you can't attend?
c) Or is it a one-off £20 for each individual that you link a transfer of ticket to?

I'm rather hoping it's (a).

a) but the recipients have to be ALBION+ members.

The other caveat is:
an adult ST holder can share with anyone.
an U18 ST holder can only share with U18 and U10
an U10 ST holder can only share with U10

I'm assuming the previous 6 x upgrades apply per season if an U10 wants to upgrade to a different age group etc.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good news from a personal perspective that it looks like my son (18 next birthday) can allow his 15-year-old sister to take over his ticket in the family stand, and sit with us in our normal three seats.

Not so positive that the club is apparently clamping down on STHs occasionally bringing guests to games when they (or one of their group) isn't able to attend. I know a number of people who informally share season tickets, and almost all STHs (I would estimate) let others benefit from their tickets from time to time.

No doubt there are very good arguments against these things but I'm pretty certain that the enforcement of the rules will mean fewer people in the ground, and less revenue on matchdays.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the other hand, I have definitely missed games where someone else could've attended but haven't been able to hand my physical ticket over because I live in London. This allows people to print their own, so could negate that problem.

I really doubt they will be doing 100% ID checks after the first few games back ... in italy however you have to show a passport/ID card to get into games so maybe they will :shrug:

Maybe, although I would think the informal passing of STs happens a lot more than that.........only need to look around on any match day to see how many familiar faces have ‘others’ with them. That’s going to largely stop as I suspect most of those casual visitors won’t cough up for annual membership unless they already have it.

So take an example of, say, father with a son at Uni as this has cropped up a few times on here. Both have STs, son can’t make many games as living away, so dad has a few pals that he takes along using son’s ST (I know this is excluded in T&C but club have always turned a blind eye to it). Won’t be able to do that any more, so seat will either end up on the exchange (if game is sold out) or be empty unless dad has paid £20 and has friends that are paid up members.

Suspect ID checks will be a requirement for at least a season as part of track and trace.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
After a brief interlude during which things appeared to have calmed down, the random comma generator is back in business for that season ticket announcement article. Reassuring to see - and another step closer to the commatastrophe producing one every other word

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Key points:

- Season-ticket prices frozen in all areas
- The balance season-ticket holders already have deposited with the club will be taken off next season's ticket
- Direct Debit payments will only restart on 1 July

- Amnesty to allow the transfer season ticket to another person (Full details here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...&page=custom/documents/html/seattakeover.html)

- Fans can upgrade their season-ticket (£20) so it can be shared with other friends and family, for an unlimited number of matches;(Full details here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...ustom/documents/html/seasonticketsharing.html

Full renewal details here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/subscriptions

Cheers for the key points [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] saved us having to watch the vid :thumbsup:

Judged on the key points, that looks like a very decent deal from the club in these challenging times. The devil may well be in the detail. But that would probably involve having to watch the vid :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
a) but the recipients have to be ALBION+ members.

The other caveat is:
an adult ST holder can share with anyone.
an U18 ST holder can only share with U18 and U10
an U10 ST holder can only share with U10

I'm assuming the previous 6 x upgrades apply per season if an U10 wants to upgrade to a different age group etc.

I’d assume that any upgrade would have to be to an Albion+ member as well (sorry if that’s what you meant !)....that wasn’t previously the case

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Key points:

- Season-ticket prices frozen in all areas
- The balance season-ticket holders already have deposited with the club will be taken off next season's ticket
- Direct Debit payments will only restart on 1 July

- Amnesty to allow the transfer season ticket to another person (Full details here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...&page=custom/documents/html/seattakeover.html)

- Fans can upgrade their season-ticket (£20) so it can be shared with other friends and family, for an unlimited number of matches;(Full details here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...ustom/documents/html/seasonticketsharing.html

Full renewal details here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/subscriptions

EXCEPTIONAL new rules/benefits, really. Fair play.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Good news from a personal perspective that it looks like my son (18 next birthday) can allow his 15-year-old sister to take over his ticket in the family stand, and sit with us in our normal three seats.

Not so positive that the club is apparently clamping down on STHs occasionally bringing guests to games when they (or one of their group) isn't able to attend. I know a number of people who informally share season tickets, and almost all STHs (I would estimate) let others benefit from their tickets from time to time.

No doubt there are very good arguments against these things but I'm pretty certain that the enforcement of the rules will mean fewer people in the ground, and less revenue on matchdays.

I think this is where the Ticket Sharing comes in. Pay a one off £20, and that ST can be shared with friends and family as long as they are Albion+ members.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So take an example of, say, father with a son at Uni as this has cropped up a few times on here. Both have STs, son can’t make many games as living away, so dad has a few pals that he takes along using son’s ST (I know this is excluded in T&C but club have always turned a blind eye to it).

I've literally done this for the last few years enabling my wife / friends / older son to attend using my absent student son's ticket.
You have to upgrade their ticket from an u21 to an adult ticket which costs about £15-£20 depending on game. You can do it up to 6 times a year. Not sure club ever turned a blind eye to it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think this is where the Ticket Sharing comes in. Pay a one off £20, and that ST can be shared with friends and family as long as they are Albion+ members.

Yes....but it’s still a clamping down on STs being used by people other than the holder though. Anyone with a casual group of friends who might attend a game or two a year on an available ST with another STH won’t be able to unless they sign up and the STH pays £20.

I don’t have an issue with the club doing it, it strengthens compliance with the T&C and raises a bit more revenue but I think it’s going to impact a lot of people.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Yes....but it’s still a clamping down on STs being used by people other than the holder though. Anyone with a casual group of friends who might attend a game or two a year on an available ST with another STH won’t be able to unless they sign up and the STH pays £20.

I don’t have an issue with the club doing it, it strengthens compliance with the T&C and raises a bit more revenue but I think it’s going to impact a lot of people.

I reckon with digital tickets it is going to become a whole lot harder to pass a ST to a mate and get away with not officially changing it. The £20 might feel a bit of a nuisance but it could be a happy compromise for anyone who does like to share their ticket and doesn't usually bother with the hassle of changing the name through the club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've literally done this for the last few years enabling my wife / friends / older son to attend using my absent student son's ticket.
You have to upgrade their ticket from an u21 to an adult ticket which costs about £15-£20 depending on game. You can do it up to 6 times a year. Not sure club ever turned a blind eye to it.

That’s not what I was getting at.......I’ve done that myself when junior was younger many times.

It’s the ‘informal’ use that’s being stopped. The club have previously turned a blind eye to (or simply not checked) being used by people other than the holder (if in the same category). For example, if I was unable to go, my son might take his girlfriend....she’s not a MyAlbion member and would have no intention of joining, but is happy to go to the occasional game. She won’t be able to do that now without becoming a member.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I reckon with digital tickets it is going to become a whole lot harder to pass a ST to a mate and get away with not officially changing it. The £20 might feel a bit of a nuisance but it could be a happy compromise for anyone who does like to share their ticket and doesn't usually bother with the hassle of changing the name through the club.

Agree it’s not unreasonable, I’ll happily do it..........I suspect it’s more the potential recipient needing to be a member that will limit the number of transfers (could argue that anyone not prepared to be member shouldn’t be in the ground anyway :))

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That’s not what I was getting at.......I’ve done that myself when junior was younger many times.

It’s the ‘informal’ use that’s being stopped. The club have previously turned a blind eye to (or simply not checked) being used by people other than the holder (if in the same category). For example, if I was unable to go, my son might take his girlfriend....she’s not a MyAlbion member and would have no intention of joining, but is happy to go to the occasional game. She won’t be able to do that now without becoming a member.

Can't blame the club for this, though. That kind of ticket sharing was never going to be allowed in the Covid (or post-Covid) era.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
All tickets to be on your phone next season.

Following successful trials in 2020, all season tickets for the 21/22 season will be issued as mobile tickets. This is for security and safety reasons. The mobile ticket will work whether you have a phone with an NFC chip or not, as the ticket will work by either scanning the chip in the phone OR by scanning a barcode that is displayed. For extra security the barcode changes every 20 seconds so photos of the ticket will not work. If you do not have a smart phone please contact Supporter Services in June. STHs are reminded that photo ID must be shown every matchday, confirming the named attendee matches the name on the season ticket (under-12s are exempt from showing photo ID).

Are they thinking that I can get out my phone as I prepare to enter and I'll get a fast enough data connection to display the currently acceptable barcode when I reach the barrier?
Think I may have to claim I don't have a smartphone

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't blame the club for this, though. That kind of ticket sharing was never going to be allowed in the Covid (or post-Covid) era.

Don’t disagree.......pretty sure ID checks will be a Covid requirement to us returning for the foreseeable anyway so not surprising the opportunity is being taken to tighten things up. I just think it’ll mean more empty seats.......

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I’d assume that any upgrade would have to be to an Albion+ member as well (sorry if that’s what you meant !)....that wasn’t previously the case

There isn't anything I can find to suggest that will be the case. With the 6 x upgrades of a ticket, you are changing the ticket type anyway and paying for that to happen, therefore it's no different to a general sale ticket – assuming tickets will go on sale to non Albion+ members next season. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here