Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Seagull File - 1987/88

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think I'd quite like to have seen KLB in 'Suckling Pig'.

I've conducted a Google search. I got one or two worrying links suggested which I am not inclined to pursue whilst at work. I'll go for the romantic comedy "Mead" about an unassuming but likeable average Joe who gets to go out with the woman of his dreams (mainly three star reviews, sometimes shown on Channel 5. Was on Film 4 once).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry the 80s archives are BURSTING with this stuff.

There are some RIDICULOUS jumpers in the 'At home with' features

:thumbsup:

Would the jumpers be of the sort seen worn by Emlyn Hughes on A Question Of Sport?

#casual

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You think no-one was impressed by Weird Science?? ???

Oh certainly, almost everyone I knew was. But 14 year old boys are generally unable to finance Hollywood film production. At least none of my mates were.

Actually...I'm talking a load of gollox: there's also Woman In Red, of course.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did she really make more than one film?

Are you honestly saying that you missed her Tour de Force as "Woman in RV" in the 2005 CLASSIC "Zerophilia"?

How Rachel Weisz won the best supporting actress award that year, I'll never, ever know.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
A few to go in this GRIPPING series yet

Number 19 - Trevor Wood

9mb3.jpg

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Only just caught this thread. A great read.

Highlights for me so far:-

Keith Dublin: favourite radio programme - LWR (an old 80's London Soul Pirate Radio station - cool!)

Fred Binney: What would you be if you weren't a footballer? "Very disappointed" :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whoooooooooooooooooo the heck was Trevor Wood.

That #LongAndSuccesfulCareerInFootball didn't really work out, did it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Good to see trusty old #DireStraits and #Smoking popping up again though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That's somewhat harsh. And he was very nearly the man that stood between the Albion and oblivion back in May 1997. He had played the previous 19 matches in goal for Hereford United, and was listed in the programme on May 3rd as the Bulls keeper, but it was Andy De Bont who ended up getting the nod.

He made 130 league appearances in all, played for Northern Ireland, and played in the Champions League.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

Think he did carve out a career as a goalkeeper in professional football... Was at Port Vale for most of his career when they were a division or two better than us

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's somewhat harsh. And he was very nearly the man that stood between the Albion and oblivion back in May 1997. He had played the previous 19 matches in goal for Hereford United, and was listed in the programme on May 3rd as the Bulls keeper, but it was Andy De Bont who ended up getting the nod.

He made 130 league appearances in all, played for Northern Ireland, and played in the Champions League.

Think he did carve out a career as a goalkeeper in professional football... Was at Port Vale for most of his career when they were a division or two better than us

I stand corrected.

Sorry Trevor.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That is a quality FACT. I did not know that.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Interesting Martin. Surprised he supports Bristol City, not obvious to see why, being born in Reading and lack of a west country accent.
Also, seeing as he is a football coach, the thing he dislikes most in the entire world is running the lads on a Tuesday morning.... Surely a fundamental job requirement....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here