Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How good actually is Baldock? I really don't know much about him. I know he scored goals in League One, but so did CMS. Is he better or worse?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Think people are adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5 with relation to the Agard news.

I dont. Baldock signed a three year deal with Brizzle in Aug 2012. He has 1 year left on contract. If he has made it clear he wants out and that he wont sign a new deal, Brizzle will flog him now or in Jan for sure. 2 million today or zip next summer on a free.

doesnt mean we'll get him but he will leave

D

Deleted member 22389

If we where really going for SB then we would be seeing more in the Argus, more on twitter and other sources. This isn't going anywhere.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Even if they sign Agard, that doesn't mean they'll then let Baldock leave. They are minted so no need to sell, they are desperate to get back to the Championship so they could well keep 4 strikers (Agard, Baldock, Wilbraham and someone else who they call/nickname JET).

If we do put another bid in, probably be close to £1.5m with add ons. However only if Baldock wants to leave though.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Have I missed something about Bristol City?
The year they got relegated from the Championship they had a huge wage bill and then struggled to stay up in League 1.
There favourites to go up this year as they are minted, yet isn`t it still the same Chairman that took them down?
Where`s their money coming from? Surely FFP would be hard on them?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Have I missed something about Bristol City?
The year they got relegated from the Championship they had a huge wage bill and then struggled to stay up in League 1.
There favourites to go up this year as they are minted, yet isn`t it still the same Chairman that took them down?
Where`s their money coming from? Surely FFP would be hard on them?
They are not minted, their owner is, although he also owns Bristol Rugby who have been spending big and still failing to get into the Prem. They are sharing the stadium now and developing new stands, so I think Landsdown is probably more stretched than ever, FFP or not.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm sure I read last week that they were looking to bring an extra striker in (Cotterill was talking about having to stick with the keepers he's got to prioritise resources), so this may well mean absolutely nothing at all.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Next move us then?

14:04

Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill rejects suggestions they may sell Sam Baldock now they have signed Kieran Agard from Rotherham.

Bristol City FC
@bcfctweets
SC: "We've not bought him to them sell Sam Baldock, that's for sure. At the same time money talks, but the bids we've had are derisory."

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Next move us then?

14:04

Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill rejects suggestions they may sell Sam Baldock now they have signed Kieran Agard from Rotherham.

Bristol City FC
@bcfctweets
SC: "We've not bought him to them sell Sam Baldock, that's for sure. At the same time money talks, but the bids we've had are derisory."

So basically come back with more money and he's yours.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There are supposed to be wage caps in Leagues one and two.

There is a total salaries cap, which I think is a percentage of the clubs turnover, but there is not a cap on what you can pay an individual player (unless you wanted to blow your maximum on one player - which would be pointless as you wouldn't then be able to field a team).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd like to think we won't bother with him - another slightly above average League One striker commanding silly money. Let him fire Bristol City to league one 8th placed glory instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here