Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Going to p boro I heard

Why on earth would we want that to happen? Why would he want to step down a league? Would Posh have the required funds anyway despite the sale of BA?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Going to p boro I heard

Would not surprise me at all if that's true. Last year of his contract. So the club may choose to cash in. I think highly of CMS and would be sad to see him go. Baldock and Colunga I would imagine would be seen as upgrades though.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'm convinced CMS is off now. I can't see us having COG, Colunga, CMS and possibly baldock if we only intend to play one up top. I'd be sad to see him go but I can't see the club letting him run down his contract.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm convinced CMS is off now. I can't see us having COG, Colunga, CMS and possibly baldock if we only intend to play one up top. I'd be sad to see him go but I can't see the club letting him run down his contract.

The first three are all very different players, and the 4th one in your list hasn't signed (as you note). 3 strikers is the bare minimum we need. Other than that, I agree fully with you.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I think the opposite. I think he is integral to Sami's plans - his tireless running is pulling defences all over the shop and creating space for the others to exploit. New contract in the offing I reckon.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think the opposite. I think he is integral to Sami's plans - his tireless running is pulling defences all over the shop and creating space for the others to exploit. New contract in the offing I reckon.

My thoughts. Plus we don't just play 1 up top all the time anymore so need 4 strikers IMO

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would have thought that Colunga, who has scored goals at La Liga level, would be more than Baldock's equal. I'm not sure that the club needs to go throwing seven figures in Bristol City's direction.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I would have thought that Colunga, who has scored goals at La Liga level, would be more than Baldock's equal. I'm not sure that the club needs to go throwing seven figures in Bristol City's direction.

I think Colunga is substantially more talented than Baldock

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Baldock has contributed nothing to the Bristol City side so far this season, no goals, no assists and in the matches i have watched him he has been completely unimpressive. One good season in league one does not warrant paying a million, particularly when he looked so poor in the championship the last time around. hopefully we concentrate on getting an actual star striker.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Colunga is substantially more talented than Baldock

Goes to show. A talented scouting network can pick up players for next to nothing, whilst others end up paying large sums of money. I can't understand the rhetoric concerning the need to spend vast sums on a forward. We just need to look deep and far for the right player, who will often come for a fraction of such costings.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Goes to show. A talented scouting network can pick up players for next to nothing, whilst others end up paying large sums of money. I can't understand the rhetoric concerning the need to spend vast sums on a forward. We just need to look deep and far for the right player, who will often come for a fraction of such costings.

In the main, I agree, but I believe strikers are different... very, very lucky to get a good one at our level for peanuts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here