Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sad news about this win is...........

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
that if Vicente had not come on when he did I really don't think we would've won today. I don't have a crystal ball but it was plain to see that we we're running out ideas and pompey we're starting to create chances. Thank God he did come on!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
that if Vicente had not come on when he did I really don't think we would've won today. I don't have a crystal ball but it was plain to see that we we're running out ideas and pompey we're starting to create chances. Thank God he did come on!

I think the Mods should start with banning people who spin positives into negatives like this. your taking the piss for sure. Yea and if we had brought on Casper for barnes we may have found Casper's untapped talent and won 5 nil with a Casper hatrick at least without the donkey barnes playing! If

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Once Ben-Haim had done for Noone as he did for Buckley at Portsmouth we lost the extra we had in the first 20 mins.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
nope 3 points!!!!, 12 games unbeaten, 5th in the table and possibly the most talented player ever to wear the blue and white on the bench! never say die attitude. whats not to be happy about

pointless

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Equally sad that if Buckley hadn't come on against Doncaster in August, we would probably have lost that match. Sob!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
yeah we won.. but if the team we played hadn't of played and the subs we made weren't made, and the goals we scored weren't scored, we might have lost or drawn, bitter sweet for me i guess.

:ffsparr:

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I think the Mods should start with banning people who spin positives into negatives like this. your taking the piss for sure. Yea and if we had brought on Casper for barnes we may have found Casper's untapped talent and won 5 nil with a Casper hatrick at least without the donkey barnes playing! If
Don't get me wrong guys I'm still buzzing from this win and I'm off down the pub to celebrate - happy days. I was just making a point that it's a little disappointing knowing that we had to rely on a player which is not a regular this season and was merely exaggerating how god Vicente is just like the other 10 threads on here!
The mods can ban me if they want because YOU said so.
Roll on Blackpool and 13 undefeated...

Indeed. Odd thread. That's the point of having a squad, surely? Could have been Lua Lua to make a difference if we didnt have Vicente. Or a change of shape.

Agreed, this is a bit of a supposition based on..... not much.
I believe we would have still won 2-0, personally.

He is still a bit of a risk, as he's a great player when we are pressuring for attack. There was still Buckley who could have stayed on, and he masters the flank rather well.
Fitter new legs on a field is always a plus, and he took his chances nicely. Deservedly MoM I would add, though KLL made a very clear impression when his fresh legs came on too!

Don't get me wrong guys I'm still buzzing from this win and I'm off down the pub to celebrate - happy days. I was just making a point that it's a little disappointing knowing that we had to rely on a player which is not a regular this season and was merely exaggerating how god Vicente is just like the other 10 threads on here!

I don't really understand your thinking there. If we rely on Vicente, who as you say is not a regular starter, then how are we 5th?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gus brings on a substitute who promptly scores two goals and we win the match 2-0. Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I can't quite see a problem here.............................

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's probably true that if Vicente hadn't come on we might not have won. Same as Noone and Vokes and Buckley on Wednesday night bringing us back into a game we could have lost.

Football at this level is as much about the strength in depth and the options that a side has on the bench as it is about the starting elevens, In general terms there is not a lot between any of the sides in this league.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

On the other hand, it's reassuring to know that even our fringe players can make a difference to a match.

Worth reading: Six Thinking Hats - Decision-Making Skills Training from MindTools.com

You're wearing a Black Hat. There are also other hats to wear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here