The sad news about this win is...........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFANS

Jul 27, 2011
Middleton
Give Portsmouth all our youngsters for free and Ryan Harley (they can have him permanently for nothing) as well as Matt sparrow, Lewis dunk and Forster Caskey. Just make sure we don't lose the six points!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I hate it when we win 1-0 with a wonder-goal in an otherwise tight game, always leaves me worried that we hadn't controlled the game. A scrappy tap in is always preferable because that represents 'shading a victory'. A 35yd volley leaves me shaking my head as it stinks of vulgar flukery.

I hope I never get a hole in one when I play golf, that would be a disaster

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
that if Vicente had not come on when he did I really don't think we would've won today. I don't have a crystal ball but it was plain to see that we we're running out ideas and pompey we're starting to create chances. Thank God he did come on!

Kinda missing the point that for the second game running Gus has made subs thatbhave changed the game. In fact might just know what he's doing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Whilst i know where the OP and the thread title is all about-the sad thing about this win is the fact we could never have had such strength in depth before,in a game changing way-

We have a knack of picking up points,whilst not stereotypically playing "well",open to debate,however we have players throughout the sqaud,and it is a team game after all,that when required will step up to the plate and deliver.

They may not do it all the time,they may not do it all at once,but this team relies on no single player-

The sad thing is we have had so many years without a wealth of game changing players at our disposal,still that is the past,this is the now,if we get to the play off's and we have to believe now with 10 games to go? (even if we my be in a slightly false elevated position given the number of games played,relative to those of the teams in and around us,also our record vs the top 6)yet even if we miss the play offs this year,there really is nothing to be sad about..

Don't get me wrong guys I'm still buzzing from this win and I'm off down the pub to celebrate - happy days. I was just making a point that it's a little disappointing knowing that we had to rely on a player which is not a regular this season and was merely exaggerating how god Vicente is just like the other 10 threads on here!
The mods can ban me if they want because YOU said so.
Roll on Blackpool and 13 undefeated...

Don't take the ban comment seriously - just look at his user name to tell you everything you need to know. Having said that you do have a rather strange way of looking at things.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
So a player we went to enormous lengths to sign then sent a month getting fit in a last chance attempt to prove he has a career here comes on and scores two goals.

Why is this a bad thing?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If my auntie had bollocks.... You know the rest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports