Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF 6 - Thanks and Results

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think Chapmania has some photo's and another youtube video to put up, to go along with the penalty shoot out. I believe he's doing a mini report too

:)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richie Morris said:
Did nobody write a match REPORT?

I am doing a report for the Argus today, can someone else do a match report

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok here goes

First half - Mullered by palace 1-0 - Ricky missed a sitter

Second half Palace missed chance after chance, Pete made some blinding saves and one palace lad did a Ryan Giggs when all he had to do was roll it into the net...Richie Morris and Shebo were awesome at the back and cramp hit everyone at some time.

Highlight of the match

Kev's 5 seconds on the pitch before being cruelly substituted RUMBLE OUT:angry: :angry: :angry:

You would not find a better penalty shoot out....17 penalties all scored in a row, goalies touched 3 of them....final one saved by Pete wo moved before the ball was kicked.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

All in all, great game....played in excellent spirit ...credit to both teams

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richie Morris said:
I dont mind doing one.

On second thoughts DAVE knows his STUFF...

Richie

I will do it please, thanks anyway

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If someone can post the teams full names and maybe get a couple of lines from the palace team about their goal and who scored the one who was off-side I will put a small match report together tonight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Report sent to Argus today.

“ The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund held the 6th annual football match for the Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy last Friday at Lewes FC.

Brighton & Hove Albion supporters played Crystal Palace supporters. The fund and annual match came about after the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York when Robert Eaton an avid Brighton fan who posted on the fans forum North Stand Chat was one of the 67 British victims. The supporters of both clubs came together to stage a charity football match in Robert’s honour.

Since the fund was set up it has raised over £ 47000 to help children between the ages of 5 and 16 to play football in the name of Robert Eaton and has supported 230 Hispanic children from a the Queens area of New York and has in the last 3 years given kit to 6 Brighton youth football clubs and provided 4 sets of kit to a youth club in Croydon in recognition of the tremendous support given by Crystal Palace fans.

Recently the fund has given a 3 year package of support to Coaching for Hope to pay for a trainer to teach Aids orphans in Mail, Africa to play football. It also gave a new kit to a youth club in South Africa whose kit donated by Peacehaven Meridian was lost at sea.

Gareth Glover the chairman of The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund said “ The night was a huge success. Not only did 300 people come along but the fund more than trebled the takings from last years game and raised a profit of over £ 2000 for the fund. We would like to thank everyone for supporting this match and in particular Lewes FC our excellent hosts “.

Ricky Marlowe and Paul Roger’s ex Brighton pro’s played in Robert’s honour for the Brighton fans and Ian Chapman presented the man of the match trophy to Brighton goalie, Peter Griffin. Dick Knight , Brighton chairman attended the game and Douglas and Laura Eaton, Robert’s parents who live in Ditchling presented the trophies.

Brighton fans won 9-8 on penalties after the game ended 1-1 and now lead 4-2 over the 6 games.

The REMF plan to stage the 7th game at the end of April 2008.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure he will edit it :jester:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
roz said:

. And, as a rare bonus, avoid being put into plaster the day after a visit to the Dripping Pan too... :D

I blame Kerry Mayo.....:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cant believe you didnt mention Kev's cameo appearance

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would imagine Lewes FC were quite pleased with the bar takings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports