Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Relegation Pick N Mix: Players To Sign

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think you are right, no repeat doubles which was a shame.

To this day surely opposition coaches what us before a game and tell their players, this is what he will do so plan for it

I think that what opposition players do know is that Pascal is probably the best crosser of a ball at the Albion and consequently have to put every effort in to stop the cross, leaving them open to the Gross turn. The triple against Fred was one of my personal highlights of the season :thumbsup:

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Pukki?

Always gets quite a few goals in a poor team. Would get more with the service he'd get from the way we play. 32 now but seems to remain fit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
IF Cucu were to leave, I'd love to see Bassey at Brighton.

Maybe we should go after him anyway. With two left wing backs in Solly and Cuc both playing yesterday and doing superbly, imagine what we could do with three.

Maybe BensGrandad had a point about never having too many left backs :wink:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The only one I might consider would be Dennis at Watford.

Aside from that it's that old chestnut of needing another striker. A problem not easily solved unless we get lucky. We don't have the cash/wages for established players and we've blown out on gambles like Locadia and Ali J.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The only one I might consider would be Dennis at Watford.

Aside from that it's that old chestnut of needing another striker. A problem not easily solved unless we get lucky. We don't have the cash/wages for established players and we've blown out on gambles like Locadia and Ali J.

I think Dennis would be very good in our side. But West Ham are apparently sniffing around, so probably a no go.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
McNeil obviously.

Seems incredible that he's still only 22. Over 100 appearances in the top division over 4 seasons. I've seen some criticism of his lack of goals and assists this year, but as far as match ratings go, there are only 6 U23 players, who played more than half the season and were marked higher on Whoscored.com: Foden, James, Gallagher, Saka, Chalboah & Ait Nouri. McNeil was also seventh on that list last year and topped it in 2018/19 & 2019/20. I suspect that he'll be a bit out of our price bracket. Figures over £40m were being bandied about in January.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seems incredible that he's still only 22. Over 100 appearances in the top division over 4 seasons. I've seen some criticism of his lack of goals and assists this year, but as far as match ratings go, there are only 6 U23 players, who played more than half the season and were marked higher on Whoscored.com: Foden, James, Gallagher, Saka, Chalboah & Ait Nouri. McNeil was also seventh on that list last year and topped it in 2018/19 & 2019/20. I suspect that he'll be a bit out of our price bracket. Figures over £40m were being bandied about in January.
Yeah he’s still so young. His goal/assist output has been poor but he’s been playing in an awful team. The kid has huge potential, is hugely experienced for his age and would offer us something in wide positions. Could imagine him playing in the Tross role very effectively. We also know that players improve exponentially under Potter.
30-40 million would be the kind of amount we are going to start spending, and his wage demands aren’t likely to be ‘young top 4 player’ levels. I don’t suppose he is on much money.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Cornet available for around 17 million.

Bargain IMHO. Can play anywhere down the left. Has proven he can score goals in his first season in England in an appealing team. And we’ve supposedly scouted him extensively.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I'd take Cornet, Dennis or McNeil if available for the right price. I also think Brownhill is a good player, but given our depth in central midfield I'm not sure where he'd fit in. I certainly wouldn't put him ahead of Caicedo, Bissouma or Mwepu.

From Watford I think Cucho Hernandez and Joao Pedro have got good potential, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on our recruitment teams radar given their age

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Trossard leaves then Cornet would be the perfect replacement. We've seen Cornet more as a left-winger / striker with Burnley but at Lyon he was more of a left wing-back like a Ryan Sessegnon or Andy Robertson. The guy has incredible versatility, gets a high percentage of his shots on target and exceeds his xG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here